WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Flyer on December 09, 2016, 12:54:31 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 07, 2016, 10:34:03 AM
Pretty cool, I like it! I want to do something similar on an H-4 Herc (Spruce Goose).  I figure that big boy would make one hell of a fire bomber. 

Something about a wooden firebomber flying through flames doesn't fill me with confidence. ;D

MINOR DETAIL.  lmao

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled across this... interesting combo:

Captain Canada

Cool Nimrod ! I guess we could get some SAR coverage out of that girl !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 15, 2016, 04:37:57 AM
Stumbled across this... interesting combo:

That looks just like something you'd build Thomas.  ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

It does, doesn't it!  ;D  And...... is really cool. That camo is super neat..

I'm not used to seeing jet powered craft sitting like that, this one is new to me and I really dig it. I need to get my hands on a kit of this, I'll make that scheme!  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Tailwheel jets are pretty rare, the Supermarine Attacker was the only one to ever see service in the UK forces AFAIK.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

I wonder just how many there were?  Surely a prototype or two here or there. I think I'll have a google!

Wasn't the universal(or mostly, whatever, as soon as I use an absolute someone will tell me North Korea just launched a mach 3 fighter with a tail wheel)  switch to bicycle gear because that set up made it easier for taxiing and take off and such?  I seem to remember reading something about a year ago that made mention of pilots not used to tail wheel craft having troubles operating them because it was more technical somehow than nose gear stuff. 
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Seeing over the nose is a problem and ground loops are not uncommon. A matter of training but if you were trained on tricycle gear then tail draggers are a big switch.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

The BoB Memorial Flight keep a couple of Chipmunks on their fleet to convert current RAF pilots to tailwheel stuff before they let them loose on the Spitfires and Hurricanes.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Oh hey I recognize that one. Neat little airplane. The Airfix blister pack has been on my wish list for some time now. I want one to build, and one to keep.  :lol:

-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

That Attacker gave me a whiffgasm!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 15, 2016, 09:38:00 AM
Tailwheel jets are pretty rare, the Supermarine Attacker was the only one to ever see service in the UK forces AFAIK.

AFAIK, the Yak-15/17 was the only other type in service - and both were more or less hastily conversions of piston-driven fighter designs. The Yak-15 is more obvious, but the Attacker was based on the Spiteful - even though just the wings were the only visible remnants.

Besides, Polish Navy paint schemes are highly recommended if you want a colorful whif. As sick as the Attacker looks, this is authentic, and only one of the possible color combos. Did a MiG-19 in such a guise some time a go, and it looks great!  ;)

zenrat

Prototype Me 262 was a taildragger.  I had thought it was just the piston engined version that was configured this way but then I was watching Nazi Megastructures - Hitlers Jet Caves and they used footage of a tail dragging 262 with Jumo 004s.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..