WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 16, 2016, 12:32:05 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 15, 2016, 09:38:00 AM
Tailwheel jets are pretty rare, the Supermarine Attacker was the only one to ever see service in the UK forces AFAIK.

AFAIK, the Yak-15/17 was the only other type in service - and both were more or less hastily conversions of piston-driven fighter designs. The Yak-15 is more obvious, but the Attacker was based on the Spiteful - even though just the wings were the only visible remnants.

Besides, Polish Navy paint schemes are highly recommended if you want a colorful whif. As sick as the Attacker looks, this is authentic, and only one of the possible color combos. Did a MiG-19 in such a guise some time a go, and it looks great!  ;)

Ah yes, I'd forgotten the two Yaks. Stupid of me as I'd built the twinned Yak-15Db some years ago.  :banghead:

I've always fought shy of doing an Attacker, probably because one tried its best to kill me and its pilot when I was a lad, and when it failed in the attempt it went and landed all by itself in a huff.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on December 16, 2016, 01:06:14 AM
Prototype Me 262 was a taildragger.  I had thought it was just the piston engined version that was configured this way but then I was watching Nazi Megastructures - Hitlers Jet Caves and they used footage of a tail dragging 262 with Jumo 004s.

The earlier He 178 was a tail-dragger, too, but just a prototype. IIRC there was also a Soviet tail-dragger rocktplane (also only a prototype).

KJ_Lesnick

Go4fun,

QuoteHere is one a guy is working on in a group of mine about model vehicles. It started as a drawing and went from there.
That's a really good drawing, you got skills.

Dizzyfugu,

QuoteStumbled across this interesting Cold War interpretation of MiG-29 satellite images:

I actually like this design a lot!
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

TheChronicOne

Wow... that's glorious! I like it, too.   :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

And of course the Me 163 was a taildragger.  At least on takeoff.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Nice to see that the Arawasi blog appreciates the idea of Hikoki '46 whifs, and this one here just turned up: a Mitsubishi G4M2-E "Kamo" (Duck)

More pics and backgorund info here: http://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.de/2016/12/mitsubishi-g4m2-e-kamo-duck-by-george.html

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant

Dizzyfugu

Cool build. And it almost looks as if they had an R2 unit aboard?!  ;D

TheChronicOne

I was thinking the same thing!  Bloop beep bloop.
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 29, 2016, 10:02:25 AM
Cool build. And it almost looks as if they had an R2 unit aboard?!  ;D

Yes, shades of Y-Wing.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kerick on December 31, 2016, 09:29:08 AM
Are they taking your pics and writing all they text? At least I saw they give you credit.

As far as I can tell, it's a completely newly written or at least highly edited and sometimes also modified text - even though some facts from my description are taken over.