WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

It would be nice if they asked before using your photos but at least its a compliment that they find your work inspiring.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Same opinion here. I also considered adding a water sign or some source comment on the pics, but they are public, after all. Asking beforehand would be better, though, as well as linking the live pics, so that the original source is clear - but the pics are copied and re-uploaded elsewhere, so that it's not kosher. At least, the origin is mentioned, and I like the style and what those guys make from found stuff.

nighthunter

Y'know, www.shipbucket.com/forums has a tonne of whiff fodder in our Alternate Universe threads. :P
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Dizzyfugu

An accidental find while digging through alternathistory.org: the proposed (real) Mi-32. And I had thought the Mi-12 was already a bit larga and wacky...  :blink:

Yes, it's triangular! And it was to be powered by three Mi-26 engine/rotor units!

Maybe a plan for the upcoming Soviet GB?  ;)

PR19_Kit

Having seen how big a Mi-26 is, that thing must be GINORMOUS!  :o

You'd need one heck of a model shelf to display, and it'd fill up an entire Whiff SIG stand on its own!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Caveman

But you could fit everything else inside the triangle
secretprojects forum migrant

Captain Canada

That's wild ! That Japanese one is pretty cool as well !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Mi-32 looks a bit like a Cierva Air Horse from the late 1940s.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on January 04, 2017, 01:24:50 AM

Mi-32 looks a bit like a Cierva Air Horse from the late 1940s.

But only from the side.  ;D

And it's about five times as big too.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dadlamassu

From the Lead Adventure Forum:http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=96776.0;topicseen

Pulp models by Amalric

Lone Star to the rescue

Warhawk takes New Rocket Plane to Shaing Kong!

The Red Baroness and her X-163 Rocketplane!

Steel Penguin

I will add that Lead adventure has lots of other good stuff on it, that may well amuse and entertain folks from round here.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

famvburg

Anyone know the book the MiG-29 is from?

Captain Canada

Neat stuff. Love the X-163 especially !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Me, too. Would also look good on a Luft '46 table with German markings, as an alternative layout for the Komet. Hmmm...  :rolleyes: