WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

That's a tempting scheme for the Airfix 1/48 late marks kit, I have the Grand Phoenix Seafire boxing
with all of the resin etc. bits included in the box, for which IIRC I paid the princely sum of $15 as it
was on clearance.
:thumbsup:

I also have the Barracudacals corrected 5-blade and contra-props, so I could do the Seafire as a
Mk. 24.
:thumbsup:

Scotaidh

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 18, 2018, 02:02:37 AM
Another build of mine popped up in India:

https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/indian-navy-yakovlev-yak-38m.75281/

At least they gave you credit.  I reckon this case is just your fan club enthusing about one of your builds.  :)  Well, we do that, if not to quite the same extent, so ... no crime, no foul?  Besides, on this forum we get to see your builds from the source - you!  :)  I'm guessing you're not on all these other forums where your builds are popping up ... maybe, at least for those that attribute your work, it's all part of DizzyNationFugu?  ;)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

It's funny to see where the stuff pops up in the world, and in which context! I guess that's the subversive and inspiring power of whiffing...  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 18, 2018, 03:20:09 AM
It's funny to see where the stuff pops up in the world, and in which context! I guess that's the subversive and inspiring power of whiffing...  ;)

Yup and it also shows we are all "peas out of the same pod" as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Another of my creations was taken for real by an over-enthusiastic aircraft nerd at warthunder:

https://live.warthunder.com/post/669384/en/

Better read the imprint first... ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Instead of aircraft nerds, I'd call them idiotic kids that don't know anything outside of what's on internet, real or fake makes no difference! :banghead:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

Quote from: loupgarou on September 29, 2018, 03:55:14 AM
Instead of aircraft nerds, I'd call them idiotic kids that don't know anything outside of what's on internet, real or fake makes no difference! :banghead:

If its on the Internet, it must be true!
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: scooter on September 29, 2018, 04:02:35 AM
If its on the Internet, it must be true!

That's true - and the problem, too. And reading would help, too... It's amusing as well as disturbing how many request posts I receive at FlickR concerning building details, which are plainly explained in the (well, exhaustive) description. There's no patience, just a "feed me" attitude. Sad, and I am afraid that it won't get better.  :-\

zenrat

I've just been reading a thread on another forum, the subject of which was Forgotten WW2 Planes.  It was about 25 pages long and it was amazing* how many repeats there were.  People were just not bothering to go through what had already been posted before putting up their suggestion.
It was also obvious a lot of them were not modellers as I would have said that if there was a readilly available 1/72 injection styrene kit of an aircraft then it wasn't forgotten.

*wrong choice of word.  "believable" might have been better.  :-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Any actual, good, forgotten birds though?

I see this all the time on Facebook.

What time does such and such open?   Check back hours later and the 248th person still, even with hours to do it, manages to miss the 247 times prior where everyone else answered.

I sometimes like to bust people out for their shithouse attention span and inability to actual digest the information before them. I'll post something like a meme, or video, that LOOKS like one thing, but is another. Often, satire, and sure enough, I'll always hook one or two dummies that didn't bother reading past the first sentence or watched 15 seconds of a 4 minute video. Hell, sometimes I'm not even trying and I'll write out a post, no longer than this paragraph, and people will ask me questions or completely miss somehow the very things clearly spelled out in it. Sometimes I can understand if there's a huge wall of text, thousands of words, and long winded bloviating but people can't even manage to work their way through 2-3 sentence short paragraphs.  :banghead:

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

I blame the internet and today's news media. Everything is what I call postage stamp content.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Seems right to me. And makes sense. Everything is so speedy these days, and people want their information that way. Twitter capitalized on it by making it the entire basis for their platform. 144 characters or whatever it was. I think they added more or something but still....   

I can take it or leave it. Just depends. Sometimes I'm in the mood to sit down and read tons of material and really take it in and other times I just want a synopsis or someone to get on with their point. Sometimes I enjoy a good news story, like the things I might hear on NPR or something, and other times I become annoyed when a reporter or news story goes into too much, perhaps superfluous detail.

But, boy....  when people try to have it both ways? That's when it hits the fan. I mean... hell, if you're not going to bother reading the material, don't comment on it. If you don't want to take 5 minutes to watch the video, don't pretend like you did.  Pick one and go with it. Short attention spans... "gotta have it now" attitude. Also, wanting something without working for it type of mindset. People want to talk about things, but they don't want to invest time in learning about them.

I'm sure if I scoured my past I could find that I've done it myself a time or two but I really do avoid it. If I can't be arsed to read some diatribe on social media, I'll move along instead of start blabbering as if I knew what I was talking about.

-Sprues McDuck-