WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Yeah, it comes down to having to inflict your opinion on everyone, just so's you don't miss out on any attention.
(although I could be/have been accused of that in the past, too... ;D)
Ya just gotta wade in with your .02 now, don'tcha?

And checking out your facts beforehand? Waaay too much trouble...

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 29, 2018, 07:18:45 AM
Any actual, good, forgotten birds though? ...

DC5 was one I wasn't aware of.

12 built. Four went to KLM in the Dutch East Indies.  Three of those escaped the Japanese to Australia.
It's a handsome aircraft.  Has a large cargo door on the port side of the rear fuselage.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Interesting - start with a -4 or -6, shorten the wings and put them higher; B-24 or similar landing gear; reshape wingtips and tail if needed - job done.

Any takers?  ;D

AS.12

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 20, 2018, 02:06:29 AM
Not a true whif, but potentially a nice subject - a delivery paint job for Cathay Pacific gone slightly wrong:

I'm still mostly-convinced that it deliberate; seems like a cheap and easily-fixed way of getting attention on today's Internet.  Certainly got wider coverage than if they'd launched a new livery or received a new type.

Oh nurse is here, time for my anti-cynicism pills!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: AS.12 on September 29, 2018, 11:47:49 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 20, 2018, 02:06:29 AM
Not a true whif, but potentially a nice subject - a delivery paint job for Cathay Pacific gone slightly wrong:

I'm still mostly-convinced that it deliberate; seems like a cheap and easily-fixed way of getting attention on today's Internet.  Certainly got wider coverage than if they'd launched a new livery or received a new type.

Tell her to go away, we like you as you are.

NARSES2

Quote from: AS.12 on September 29, 2018, 11:47:49 PM

;D ;D

I've been on those for years, indeed before that I was on regular injections. Don't seem to work though  ;)

That DC.5 reminds me of another type, but I can't remember what ?

Interestingly there was a version of it schemed with 4 Ranger 600hp engines. Also a DB.5 - bomber or military transport.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

Planet Models did the DC-5 in 1/72nd and F-Rsin do it in1/144th, I think Execuform did one too?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Dizzyfugu

Found another one of my creations here - and it was even abused for a video (check 0:32, looks really menacing!)!

https://warfareweb.com/2018/02/23/russias-new-high-speed-combat-helicopter-prototype-to-perform-debut-flight-in-2019/

*sigh*  :banghead: Just filed a copyright infringement issue at YouTube.

kerick

Boy they sure know who to go to when they want something unusual!!

Of course they also had a headline about a time traveler warning about ww3 :o
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Youtube was quick - the video has been deleted in less than 24 hours!

Dizzyfugu

Found another one of my creations, this time at reddit in a Warthunder forum:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/9sphvd/please_can_i_have/

The best comment comes from Italy: "At least this photo is clear Photoshop. You can see some American markings on left corner of this "photo"

Plus quality is too astonishing"
None of these statements is ...true.  ;)

LOL!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 31, 2018, 04:20:44 AM

The best comment comes from Italy: "At least this photo is clear Photoshop. You can see some American markings on left corner of this "photo"

I love it!  :thumbsup:

It's a sort of double-whammy when you've managed to fool them TWICE!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

It gets even weirder: for some time you could actually order the Fw 190 Z-17 as a large-scale wood replica(!!!), based on my (stolen) artwork, from South-East Asia via ebay...  :unsure:

Dingg

Dizzyfugu