WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 04, 2020, 06:36:02 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 04, 2020, 04:19:52 AM

That whole statement goes from denial to apology to admission in seven sentences.  A good example of why lawyers tell you to say nothing.

Reminds me of someone being interviewed by the police and gradually changing his story as more and more evidence is piled up on the table in front of him  ;)

You've been watching 'Vera'    ;)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 04, 2020, 06:43:09 AM

That whole statement goes from denial to apology to admission in seven sentences.  A good example of why lawyers tell you to say nothing.

Reminds me of someone being interviewed by the police and gradually changing his story as more and more evidence is piled up on the table in front of him  ;)

Of course, although I prefer Lewis  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 04, 2020, 06:50:37 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on August 04, 2020, 06:43:09 AM

Of course, although I prefer Lewis  ;D

Yes, the Morse/Lewis series are very good. PBS has just broadcast the final Lewis series which I watched avidly. I've got into Endeavour too ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Must admit I like the early Endeavours, 60's set ones. They lost their way a little in the series set just after the old station was closed and Endeavour has a tash  :o, but found their way again latter. But it's all subjective.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

^ As you say, its subjective. I thought the 1969 Endeavour (the one with the tash) season finale was fairly epic with the tower collapse and when the old crew all turned up at that quarry.

The more recent season with the Italian(?) femme fatale and all the artificial angst 'twixt Thursday and Morse? Yawn.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 04, 2020, 07:12:24 AM

Must admit I like the early Endeavours, 60's set ones. They lost their way a little in the series set just after the old station was closed and Endeavour has a tash  :o, but found their way again latter. But it's all subjective.

I keep looking at the early Endeavour shows and looking out for me!  :o

I was living and working there during that period and it's pretty nostalgic, except for the bits where they show buses and coaches. Back then in the RW all the bus and coach services went from the vast Gloucester Green bus station with its 'Tug and Barge' layout of bus platforms, but the whole place was changed radically in 1987 and only long distance coaches go frim there now. In the Endeavour series they go from a mythical bus station in Merton St!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I can't help thinking what that would look like with an Angel Interceptor nose...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 06, 2020, 04:24:41 AM

I can't help thinking what that would look like with an Angel Interceptor nose...

Well within your capabilities I'm sure Fred.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 06, 2020, 04:57:30 AM

Dear Mr Airfix, please could you re-pop the Angel Interceptor as part of your vintage classics range...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 06, 2020, 05:06:07 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 06, 2020, 04:57:30 AM

Dear Mr Airfix, please could you re-pop the Angel Interceptor as part of your vintage classics range...

If you want one I've got three of them.

But they're 120 miles away from me at the moment I'm afraid.:(

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I'm afraid I'm not a great fan of Capt Scarlet, but that Sea Harrier looks very good in that mainly white scheme.

Dizzyfugu

A Mirage III in USAF markings is not really a new idea, but I am always amazed how good this combo looks . In this case, an F-106 skin has been stuck onto a Mirage III frame:

More here: https://live.warthunder.com/post/911108/en/

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 07, 2020, 02:25:18 AM
A Mirage III in USAF markings is not really a new idea, but I am always amazed how good this combo looks . In this case, an F-106 skin has been stuck onto a Mirage III frame:

More here: https://live.warthunder.com/post/911108/en/

And a 119th FIS skin at that.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2