WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Found that a build of mine inspired a Belgian Fairy Firefly (originally a Grumman Wildact, and even the tactical code was copied/transferred): https://live.warthunder.com/post/841459/en/

Scotaidh

Well, at least he did attribute your work, Dizzy.  Did he copy that red squiggle in the middle, and if so, what's it in aid of?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

You mean the paper dove? That's a real Belgian 8 squadron emblem, very old and traditional.

NARSES2

Firefly suits that scheme

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 11, 2020, 05:51:59 AM
You mean the paper dove? That's a real Belgian 8 squadron emblem, very old and traditional.

Very much so and is included on a lot of kit's transfer sheets
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 11, 2020, 05:54:53 AM
Firefly suits that scheme

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 11, 2020, 05:51:59 AM

Very much so and is included on a lot of kit's transfer sheets

Oh!  I didn't know - sorry if I offended anyone.  I've never built anything for Belgium - never really had a reason. 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

I don't think so. But the emblem is really very old (existed before WWII) and quite common on Belgian aircraft models or respective sheets.

Dizzyfugu

Another find at War Thunder: somebody did a virtual copy/skin of my JG71 MiG-21G - including the background and naturally without any credits. Even the tactical code and the ordnance have been faithfully copied.

Original:
1:72 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21G; "24+17", JG 71 'Richthofen', Deutsche Bundesluftwaffe; Wittmundhafen, 1995 (Whif) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Copy:

https://live.warthunder.com/post/942033/en/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 19, 2020, 01:23:18 AM

...and another of my builds (the Panver IV-based "mini-KV-2") made it to the Ukraine - with references  :thumbsup::

http://alternathistory.com/alternativnaya-shturmovaya-sau-sdkfz-161-5-spritzenwagen-germaniya/

All I got was a nice pic of a very lovely Olga, who's apparently '...looking for a friend...'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Oops?  :unsure: Ukrainian pleasures, probably...

Old Wombat

I'm intrigued that they call you their "colleague". ;)

I didn't see Olga ... Unfortunately! :(
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

At risk of incurring the wrath of the Forum Morals Police, here's (IMPRESSIVE!) Olga for those of you who didn't see her.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Well we've had 'Sabrinas' on aircraft in the past, it appears the modern equivalents could be 'Olgas' ?!?  :o
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, never met Olga before...  :o

However - thansk to Corona lockdowns, people seem to have lots of time at their hands. I found another War thunder skin based on one of my builds - and this time with a reference.

https://live.warthunder.com/post/941134/en/

Original:

1:72 Messerschmitt Bf 94 A-1; aircraft "A-334" of No. 5 Eskadrilia, II Nailintuva Grupe, Lithuanian Air Force; Šiauliai, late 1937 (Whif/Heller kit conversion)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Copy (even the tactical code was taken over, but adding the fixed landing gear and open cockpit seems to be too much for the WT forgers?):