WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

It happens in real life as well as virtually on the interweb.  I think I've previously told the story of  the restored military vehicle show near Hereford where  three guys turned up with a pink LWB Landrover.  They were told by the concours judges that it was all wrong......SAS Landrovers looked nothing like that.   Odd, said the senior bloke of the three.................I'm the regiment's adjutant and I signed this vehicle out from our transport shed this morning!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 20, 2021, 02:55:52 AM

It happens in real life as well as virtually on the interweb.  I think I've previously told the story of  the restored military vehicle show near Hereford where  three guys turned up with a pink LWB Landrover.  They were told by the concours judges that it was all wrong......SAS Landrovers looked nothing like that.   Odd, said the senior bloke of the three.................I'm the regiment's adjutant and I signed this vehicle out from our transport shed this morning!

Hehehehe, LOVE it!  :wub:

I've had a few 'up-and-downers' with concours judges in the past, and my final comments to them are usually 'I AM the President of the owners club!'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on January 20, 2021, 02:55:52 AM

Hahaha! That's great!  ;D

Dizzyfugu

Another accidental and excellent find, in a Russian model builder forum: a FSW Trident thing, with a Yak-40 nose and in wacky SAS markings(!):

I love it, esp. because of the re-sculpted wing profile!  :wub:

More from the building phase here: http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74943&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There's also a very nice remake (at least conceptually) of my "Sabrecat" build from a coupel of years ago, called "Bearpest"  ;):

tigercat

From a train group on Facebook

zenrat

I think that's a touch out of gauge.

Interesting though.  One could use N gauge buildings on OO gauge rolling stock.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on January 21, 2021, 02:42:56 AM
I think that's a touch out of gauge.

Interesting though.  One could use N gauge buildings on OO gauge rolling stock.

yes, in scale-o-rama !

tempting ...

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Brunel would have approved.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kerick

You would never have to pack your bags! And bring the whole village along for fun......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Is this a 'Snowpiercer' prequel?   ;D   I love stuff like this......
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 26, 2021, 05:54:57 AM
Found my "Object 511" SPAAG from the Prototypes GB in a Russian blog, with credits and reference to whatifmodellers.com  :lol::

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5bfae45c2524ba00aa55f259/obekt-511-on-je-zsu-376-lena-nemnogo-alternativnoi-istorii-5faabac71261131085da02be

Gotta love this "Hate whiffery?  Bugger off!" paragraph:

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This piece of equipment is a fictional machine based on an alternative history of the development of the Soviet military-industrial complex, so it has nothing to do with real history. If you don't like alternate history, then skip this post. Well, if you don't mind plunging into the world of fantasy and large-scale modeling, welcome to watch." :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

'...LARGE scale modelling....'?  :-\

It's 1/72 scale, for crying out loud!

Regards
Kit