WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddfoxx

Seems like there is or was one at the EAA museum?  I'm picturing Hellcats and Avengers.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: reddfoxx on January 28, 2021, 06:50:19 PM
Seems like there is or was one at the EAA museum?  I'm picturing Hellcats and Avengers.

Correct!

https://www.eaa.org/eaa-museum/museum-exhibits/eagle-hangar-a-tribute-to-the-greatest-generation

"The Eagle Hangar also contains a temporary exhibit gallery, a Ready Room "immersion theater" plus an extraordinary scale model of the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Enterprise (CV-6). Constructed by 45 modelers from across the nation, it features 58 aircraft, over 500 scratch-built figures and remarkable detailing."

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on January 28, 2021, 09:20:03 AM

Love this pic.  Dad in the middle is loving the model but his two kids are thoroughly underwhelmed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled upon this one, and the outlines looked so familiar to me, esp. the turret and the radar pod. Turns out to be inspired by a build of mine:

vs.

1:72 Cunliffe-Owen "Marlin" SR.2; aircraft "235-R (s/n WB266)" of the Fleet Air Arm 812 Squadron, HMS Glory during the Korea War, 1951 (Whif/converted Fujimi Aichi B7A)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

And then I found another one, a more faithful rendition:

vs.

1:72 Arsenal VB 31 "Requin", '8 White', Flotille 12F, Aéronavale; Arromanches/Haiphong, October 1952 (Whif)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Nice work!  :lol:

McColm

Amazing,  must of taken him ages to build that aircraft carrier!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 29, 2021, 02:56:21 AM
Quote from: Nick on January 28, 2021, 09:20:03 AM

Love this pic.  Dad in the middle is loving the model but his two kids are thoroughly underwhelmed.

The thing about that model of the Ark is it actually floats and sails via R/C too.  :thumbsup:

The sailed it every day at the IMBC event, and watching them launch it was wonderful to behold! But its turning circle was so large that it couldn't make a complete turn in the width of the rather small, temporary pool there, and had to do a '3 point turn'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 29, 2021, 02:56:21 AM

My thoughts as well  ;D

Back in the day most Royal Navy Recruitment offices had large scale ship models in the windows. Wonder what happened to them all ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

It's getting better... The recreated stuff is apparently to be featured in a book of some sort. Unfortunately without credits (unlike in the other artwork postings)...  :-\

More here: https://www.deviantart.com/beignetbison/art/Arsenal-VB-31-Requin-Alternate-History-Design-844691793

NARSES2

You might get a credit in the book's endpapers rather than individual ones Dizzy ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

I hope so, but the way the "artist" is selling the aircraft design with great implicitness leaves me in doubt...

NARSES2

Drop the publishers an email ? Professional publishers would almost certainly want to cover themselves. If it's being privately published then even then the publisher might think it's safer to give credit where it's due ?

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 29, 2021, 06:32:19 AM
I hope so, but the way the "artist" is selling the aircraft design with great implicitness leaves me in doubt...

I was a d!ck and went ahead and did this.  And compared him to Disney and their love of stealing fanon SW designs
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

su27rules

Quote from: scooter on January 29, 2021, 06:39:41 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 29, 2021, 06:32:19 AM

I was a d!ck and went ahead and did this.  And compared him to Disney and their love of stealing fanon SW designs

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :mellow: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: