WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I despise Pinterest.  It jealously guards the right to download a copy of something the pinner has already pinched from elsewhere forcing one to search further to find the original full size image.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on February 01, 2021, 01:30:27 AM
I despise Pinterest.  It jealously guards the right to download a copy of something the pinner has already pinched from elsewhere forcing one to search further to find the original full size image.

Couldn't agree more.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

SleeperService

Quote from: Pellson on February 01, 2021, 02:02:10 AM
Couldn't agree more.
Quote from: zenrat on February 01, 2021, 01:30:27 AM

Another reason I hate it is the stress it causes my Privacy Blocker. How many trackers!! :o

Dizzyfugu

Something completely different: an accidental real-world whif find at FlickR:

A BMW-fied Suzuki Lapin kei car
by 48PRODUCT Jr, on Flickr. Looks retro and Nineties, but I like it!  :lol:

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 02, 2021, 06:36:28 AM
Something completely different: an accidental real-world whif find at FlickR:

A BMW-fied Suzuki Lapin kei car
by 48PRODUCT Jr, on Flickr. Looks retro and Nineties, but I like it!  :lol:

When your heart says "Beemer," but your wallet says "Suzuki!"
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

nighthunter

Similar to a VW'ed Geo Metro I saw once while working, lol
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 30, 2021, 08:19:20 AM
Quote from: scooter on January 29, 2021, 06:39:41 AM
I was a d!ck and went ahead and did this.  And compared him to Disney and their love of stealing fanon SW designs

Good man!  :thumbsup:

News at this "frontline": a credit source has been added in the description by the author, but the comments from the whatifmodellers.com mates have been deleted. Still not credits in/on the artwork, though, but it had an effect.  :thumbsup:

https://www.deviantart.com/beignetbison/art/Arsenal-VB-31-Requin-Alternate-History-Design-844691793?comment=1%3A844691793%3A4883908003

perttime

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 04, 2021, 01:47:38 AM

News at this "frontline": a credit source has been added in the description by the author, but the comments from the whatifmodellers.com mates have been deleted. Still not credits in/on the artwork, though, but it had an effect.  :thumbsup:

https://www.deviantart.com/beignetbison/art/Arsenal-VB-31-Requin-Alternate-History-Design-844691793?comment=1%3A844691793%3A4883908003
He says that he has been trying to join the forum, perhaps to contact dizzy, but has not been approved yet.

Dizzyfugu

FlickR would be an option, too. After all, that's the original source.

perttime

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 05, 2021, 06:05:28 AM
FlickR would be an option, too. After all, that's the original source.
Before, he said something about trying through Flickr but running into some trouble with his account.

kerick

That's a really nice whiff and great work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

It is very good but the panel lines are too heavily emphasised for my taste.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 19, 2021, 06:49:34 AM
It is very good but the panel lines are too heavily emphasised for my taste.

I know where your coming from and they are probably about as far as I want to see them go if I'm honest, but it's a very personal area.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.