WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Panel lines are completely over done IMO.
I doubt the Royal navy would let one of it's aircraft get into that condition in peacetime.

But maybe the modeller was short of paint and had to stretch what he (or she) had finding he (or she) didn't have enough Sky to get a decent coverage.
Perhaps we should have a whip round and send them a bottle for their next model?
:wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

In a spanish model railways forum, I found a topic about railways posters. Apart from a lot of very nice vintage posters, on page 4, down one third of the page, there is a series of steampunk, dieselpunk whateverpunk posters:
https://www.forotrenes.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86240&start=60

Another series near at the end of the page.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kerick

Amazing! Some are really beautiful
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on May 20, 2021, 03:13:12 PM
Amazing! Some are really beautiful

And then there's this one, that reminds me of a certain ZZ Top song
Stolen original post into Imgur:

I might be able to replicate this one...somewhat.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

A Santa Fe red warbonnet! What's not to like!  :thumbsup:

And that'd be 'Gimme All Your Lovin', yes? My FAVE ZZ TOP track, if only for her in the black and white dress!  :wub: :wub:

The word 'in' is used in its widest possible sense here!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 20, 2021, 05:11:43 PM
A Santa Fe red warbonnet! What's not to like!  :thumbsup:

I still have the Lionel watbonnet my parents gave me when I was 3.  Of course, it ain't mint, and the original boxes have long since been tossed...
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

AeroplaneDriver

I may have just missed it and this has been posted already but nice looking operational Pancake on ARC.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/317052-chance-vought-xf5u-1-kitty-hawk/
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Oh that is an extremely nice rendition of what I've always thought of as an interesting aircraft  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I didn't know there WAS a 1/48 kit of the Pancake!

That looks pretty darn smart.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

From a French forum called 1-72.forumgratuit (I think...), here we have a splendid post-apocalyptic take on Revell's 108ft Sunseeker luxury yacht:

More pics here: https://1-72.forumgratuit.org/t189-revell-rabiot-yacht-predator-apres-l-apocalypse

For reference, this is what it's supposed to look like:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Looks like a prop from "Waterworld" (it's missing somehow a quad 0.5" AA position)? Well done, and cool subject.

scooter

They fire that sternchaser, they're going to find it in either the saloon or cockpit if its not tied down.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

zenrat

Fabulous.  That's one for the pirate GB.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

Love the post-apocalyptic yacht. But not sire fiberglass would rust quite so much. 😆
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 22, 2021, 10:46:14 AM
Love the post-apocalyptic yacht. But not sire fiberglass would rust quite so much. 😆

Yeah I was thinking that. It's all fibreglass, stainless steel and teak: it's more likely to fade, yellow and get marine growth than rust...

Mind you, since it's "obviously" a Hollywood post-apocalyptic prop, we can put that down to set builders following movie tropes. "Everyone knows" that the post apocalyptic future is rusty, right? ;) ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones