WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 07, 2021, 12:08:16 AM
Keeping the 11,000 liter fuel tanks full and the engines/drives maintained would be the tough part.  ;)

Well that goes for any of these post-apocalyptic scenarios: how many times do vehicles get imobilised today because they need a consumable part that has to be ordered from a city 200 miles away? If the city's a cinder and the post office but a memory, then you're screwed....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on August 08, 2021, 02:12:04 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 07, 2021, 12:08:16 AM
Keeping the 11,000 liter fuel tanks full and the engines/drives maintained would be the tough part.  ;)

Well that goes for any of these post-apocalyptic scenarios: how many times do vehicles get imobilised today because they need a consumable part that has to be ordered from a city 200 miles away? If the city's a cinder and the post office but a memory, then you're screwed....

Yup, because the J bracket for the battery hold down on SWMBO's Scion xB twisted off at the rusted and crossthreaded nut...and no one carries the part online or locally (Pepboys, Napa, Autozone, etc.), and our local Toyota dealer's parts department is closed on the weekend.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

Not a Whif, but it does generate ideas.  ;D

How to upcycle an old SeaDoo.  ;)

https://smallboatsmonthly.com/article/brevick-jet-ski/

kerick

Be surprised what you could do with a decent collection of tools and some know how. Probably be easier to maintain something old compared with the computerized vehicles out there today.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

nighthunter

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 09, 2021, 08:13:31 PM
Not a Whif, but it does generate ideas.  ;D

How to upcycle an old SeaDoo.  ;)

https://smallboatsmonthly.com/article/brevick-jet-ski/

You know Mobius M. Mobius is drooling over that one! Lol! Maybe even Loki too!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

jcf

Quote from: kerick on August 09, 2021, 08:30:34 PM
Be surprised what you could do with a decent collection of tools and some know how. Probably be easier to maintain something old compared with the computerized vehicles out there today.

The SeaDoo under the new wood skin is a 2002 model and it has the period engine control
electronics etc., so old is relative term.
;)

kerick

They sure have your number! At least they gave you some credit at the end of the article this time.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

That's the way it should be, and I find it interesting that in some cases (and as far as I can tell through Ki translation  :rolleyes:) the background is modified. But that's fine, it's the inspiration that counts.

What's also funny are the discussions at the end of some articles - different culural "goggles" can lead to amazing arguments, and sometimes it's almost absurd what people start picking upon. I just remember my Lend-Lease Soviet Navy F4U which was criticized for the depiction of the leaky oil tank in front of the cockpit, recognizing a conspiracy to depict Russia in a poor light... Don't ask.  :-\

Dizzyfugu

Pellson

Well, Thomas, you're too good at both building and picturing your builds. Lose quality or see it continue.

(Or see it as the compliment it is)  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

Another find where one of my builds aroused attention:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/532098-imam-ro70/

"Fictional as hell. This looks like a Ki-61 fuselage with an Alfa Romeo RA.1000 and the control surfaces of a P-51. I'm a tosser and ridiculous." LOL! ;D

loupgarou

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 17, 2021, 04:11:20 AM

"Fictional as hell. This looks like a Ki-61 fuselage with an Alfa Romeo RA.1000 and the control surfaces of a P-51. I'm a tosser and ridiculous." LOL! ;D

Ridiculous people that only knows what is on internet... And one of them even sporting Italo Balbo as avatar. :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 17, 2021, 04:11:20 AM

"I'm a joyless, unimaginative numpty who plays a computer game simulatior loaded with paper equipment"
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng