WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

.....and who never EVER reads anything that may be a little bit fictional.

Bah, humbug!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

And speaking of paper weapons of war, World of Warships released their latest update last week - now with American and German subs...in  a trial basis that you have to earn the rentals of (for the time being).  Included, at Tier X are the GUPPY Balao and Type XXI\U-2501-class.

I wonder, if and when they roll out lower tiers for other nations, they'll include the K-class boats of World War 1 infamy fame
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

And they did give you the credit this time.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

They always do, and it's perfectly fine!

SleeperService

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 17, 2021, 08:56:14 AM
.....and who never EVER reads anything that may be a little bit fictional.

Bah, humbug!  :banghead:

Picked up a copy of 'The Foresight War - Anthony G Williams' a very interesting read so far (at 330 pages it's about a month's reading for me). Unlike many it's all small changes that could have occurred, well mostly. Plenty of What-If ideas already and the shooting hasn't really started yet.

You should be safe about the PR.19 leak now BTW, apparently the file went missing when it was removed with a bunch of files 'lost' by Theresa May that were on the same shelf. Apparently. I doubt there's any trace of it now. Nudge nudge wink wink. 

PR19_Kit

'The Foresight War' is one of my fave books, I've read it 3-4 times already and it never fails to fascinate.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

SleeperService

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2021, 11:30:39 AM
'The Foresight War' is one of my fave books, I've read it 3-4 times already and it never fails to fascinate.  :thumbsup:

Since my post above I've found the glossary. I'm now looking at the HB 1/48 not-quite-a-Whirlwind and thinking about Merlin engine pods...

I'm quite enjoying it and so far it's been quite believable.

Rheged

Quote from: SleeperService on August 27, 2021, 10:00:29 AM

You should be safe about the PR.19 leak now BTW, apparently the file went missing when it was removed with a bunch of files 'lost' by Theresa May that were on the same shelf. Apparently. I doubt there's any trace of it now. Nudge nudge wink wink.

The usual Government excuses for missing files are:-
1) Bomb damage to the Records Office during the 1940-41 Blitz
2) An unfortunate fire at the (unspecified) military depot where material was stored in the late 1970's
3) The material has been mis-filed and the error has not yet been rectified
4) The floods of 2005  resulted in document loss/damage..............and for decent documentation.........
5) The material exists, but has not yet been catalogued  due to COVID safe working procedures

That ought to cover most eventualities. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dizzyfugu

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

:o... ;D ;D ;D
That is an excellent toy, to get the creative juices flowing in the minds of children of all ages...  :wacko: just forgot to mention  on the package that it contains 1% of toy and that 99% of imagination is needed to play with it. ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on August 28, 2021, 01:06:44 AM

2) An unfortunate fire at the (unspecified) military depot where material was stored in the late 1970's
4) The floods of 2005  resulted in document loss/damage..............and for decent documentation.........
5) The material exists, but has not yet been catalogued  due to COVID safe working procedures

Yes, I believe bureaucracies worldwide are finding Covid extremely convenient...
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Quote from: zenrat on August 28, 2021, 05:03:26 AM
Quote from: Rheged on August 28, 2021, 01:06:44 AM

Yes, I believe bureaucracies worldwide are finding Covid extremely convenient...
;D
"Never let a good crisis go to waste? "
(I believe Winston Churchill did not originate that)