WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

Nice. Looks like a cross between the F-15 prototype paint scheme and the "Ferris schemes" the USN trialled.

comrade harps

Whatever.

Wardukw

Another great wiff idea from the  design studio that is Dizzys mind  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

A nice find at warthunder.com; only virtual, but it has potential:

TomZ

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 05, 2022, 12:07:33 AM
A nice find at warthunder.com; only virtual, but it has potential:

Funny, I'm building exactly that at the moment in 1/72.
If I have the courage (and the time) it will come with a 1/72 US submarine with deck hangar. Just like the Japanese I-400 sub.
However at the moment time for modelling is very limited for me  :-\ :-\

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

That looks like a Rufe float set to me, but it'd need up-sizing a bit to take a Corsair's weight I reckon. It looks GREAT though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

The production version would obviously lose the gull wing and have a simpler and lighter wing structure.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That Corsair floatplane should be in either RAAF or RNZAF SW Pacific Theatre markings  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on May 05, 2022, 04:59:21 AM
The production version would obviously lose the gull wing and have a simpler and lighter wing structure.

Or just two floats on the standard landing gear's attachment points, with relatively short struts. Would probably be the more sensible layout than the central float with supports, anyway?

PR19_Kit

But the single central float looks WAY cooler.  ;D

(I almost can't believe I just wrote that.  :o)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Interesting concept, but totally inadequate. A Rufe max TOW 6350lbs, F4U, 15,000lbs.

Coincidently, over the last couple of weeks I've been having a running conversation with Lars Opland, owner of Khee Kha Productions. He's known for all the floats he makes for the various model aircraft, among other things. I've been learning all about floats and how to size them correctly, and how to make a good replica float.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Wardukw

I have been thinking about a float plane as i had a few of Italeri's ones over the yrs but its the building part and design and as Kitnut said..size ..thats gotta be right ..ive got a pretty good plan for a set used on a russian An2 colt...wouldnt be hard to lengthen them for what ever plane they go on.
Love the RNZAF idea Chris  :lol:..Aussie would be ok too  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2022, 12:36:23 PM

...wouldnt be hard to lengthen them for what ever plane they go on.

I did that for a pair of floats for a 1/72 C-47C floatplane. I started with the largest vacform floats done by Aeroclub, and added 1.5 inch to their length and a centre spline of 40 thou to widen them. Worked pretty well.

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 05, 2022, 12:28:52 PM
Interesting concept, but totally inadequate. A Rufe max TOW 6350lbs, F4U, 15,000lbs.

The charm of those 3D editors/simulators is the vector grafics that allow you to freely scale an object like the main float. With a 1:1 Rufe float the F4U would look ridiculous... Maybe a pair could work for the whole thing. Nevertheless, the floaty Corsair looks nice, esp. in the Fifties RN scheme.