1:35 MS[G] EFGF UC Hard Graph M353A4-04 Argun (former) Hovertruck

Started by Sticky Fingers, January 23, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: kerick on November 15, 2012, 08:32:15 PM
...after market or scratch?
Thanks for the compliment! :thumbsup: Here's how I've made them:

Quote from: nighthunter on November 15, 2012, 04:30:53 PM
I would like to see a right side photo, I really really want to draw this thing! And if you could give me a rough guess as to how many meters long this thing is?
I'll make some pics of the right side later.
IRL this thing would be 26cm x 35 = 9,10m long, 4,72m high (guns lowered) and 4,55m wide.

It currently weighs a hefty 0,320kg by the way. ;)

Go4fun

I'll probably sound stupid for asking this but here goes.
What if the wheels rotated onto their sides to create the hover mode? A little Transformers like. I know  :rolleyes: but it was a thought.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Sticky Fingers

^Nah, that's so Back to the Future II ;D

Got a little work in today:

@ nighthunter:
I took some pics for you but they're not fully in focus. I can post them if you want, though.

nighthunter

Sticky Fingers, I think it would be best if I waited till you were finished, LOL, I get a little ambitious. Finished means a better drawing for you to use, along side the model.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

chrisonord

This is brilliant, very Tonkaesque  I really wish more stuff like this was available in 72nd scale  :bow:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Go4fun

I'm loving what your doing but I have to ask: Does it use strictly projectile weapons of will there be some energy weapons too? It's a wonderful WhIf either way.

Sticky Fingers

Good old fashioned HE/shrapnel/tracer/armour piercing/cluster projectiles, my friend.
All that newfangled laser- and railgun stuff is way beyond the competence of our underpaid researchers.
;D

Sticky Fingers

Stretched the wheelbase somewhat. Also managed to tuck the wheels in a bit. Results:  it won't do a roly-poly every time it hits a bump, and it will only occupy two lanes whilst travelling on the motorway ;D

Front end does a little happy dance:

This is how the rear ends were stretched. Need to at a bit more detail, but you get the idea:

Sticky Fingers

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Sticky Fingers

Thanks guys :smiley:

Here's the Argun with pre-shade (first time I tried that) and colour no. 1 of the dreamed-up camo.

Due to receiving paint-and-glue-fume-related complaints (I don't mind the fumes, in fact I find they might just be my raison d'ĂȘtre) I'll be painting either
a) outside on the balcony (tried that with the priming: not successful with the winds being a bit unpredictable. I did managed to prime the model though. As well as my face.)
b) inside, in stages, when SHMBO's not in. And probably manage to paint my face as well.

buzzbomb

Just wow.. this is a great kit an you are doing a bang up job  on it

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kerick

Great job on the wheels. Appears to be the size of a mine truck. Patience on the painting, it will reward you in the end.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise