1:35 MS[G] EFGF UC Hard Graph M353A4-04 Argun (former) Hovertruck

Started by Sticky Fingers, January 23, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

I have seen them pointing towards the rear of the vehicle on Humvee's, the UK build "Ranger" and other modern army trucks and besides, if you run out of forward firing smoke you could just stop being lazy and turn the turret ;D

Or maybe (more inline with my kind of thinking for this one), with the megaphone and the flashing beacon on the roof, maybe they replaced some smoke canisters with teargas... :wacko: To scatter the masses when they come to close.

cheesburger.com

Weaver

Nothing wrong with rear-facing smoke dischargers on the hull, in fact there's a good case for putting them on all four corners. Thing is though, if you're under conventional threat, chances are the turret will be turned towards the threat, so you'd want your turret-mounted SDs pointing in the same direction as the guns.

However, if, as you suggest, the intention is protection from hostile crowds, then the rear-facing turret SDs make perfect sense, since people trying to board an AFV with malice in mind will instinctively shy away from the guns and approach the turret from it's rear.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

There is also the possibility that whilst making a hasty "advance to the rear", the pace of said advance (whilst heroically firing discouraging shots at the cowardly enemy, fleeing before the might of our army) will necessitate the firing of the smoke ahead of the vehicle for it to be effective before the enemy drive past it.

That's my theory, anyway!

:cheers:

Guy.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Go4fun

I just had a question form in my mind. Where did the 'sponsons' on the sides of the turret come from. They looks familiar but I caqnt place them.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Sticky Fingers

"...So follow me, follow, down to the hollow
And there let me wallow in glorious mud.""

Not done yet, there's one more thin layer to be added.

Quote from: kerick on November 27, 2012, 10:10:29 PM
Apache chopper?
Yep ;). In fact, here's an overview of the stuff used&abused for this build:

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 27, 2012, 04:49:21 PM
There is also the possibility that whilst making a hasty "advance to the rear", the pace of said advance (whilst heroically firing discouraging shots at the cowardly enemy, fleeing before the might of our army) will necessitate the firing of the smoke ahead of the vehicle for it to be effective before the enemy drive past it.
I like that one, too, Guy :thumbsup:

Go4fun

Quite the collection there. Now I wonder what you will make next from the left-overs?  :o
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Gondor

So just how is the driver going to get down, other than from a douvet or a duck?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Sticky Fingers

Some home made fire arms for the commander to play with.

@Gondor: What do you mean? Can't make head nor tails of your reply I'm afraid.

NARSES2

I think Gondor is trying to work out the driver climbs up there and then back down again ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 01, 2012, 02:22:49 AM
I think Gondor is trying to work out the driver climbs up there and then back down again ?

Driver telekinesis??  To quote the Moody Blues,  "Thinking is the best way to travel"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Sticky Fingers

Okay, thought he might, but between the douvet and the duck I just wasn't sure :lol:
He can get in like all the other crew: through the door between the driver's side wheels, inside there's a separate door to his quarters. The outside doors in the driver compartment are for emergency only, as is the door in the rear of the vehicle. Alternativly, he could climb up the tire, or could even climb on to the roof and enter through the top hatch.
I cater for gentleman drivers as well as driving monkeys, see?  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.