1:35 MS[G] EFGF UC Hard Graph M353A4-04 Argun (former) Hovertruck

Started by Sticky Fingers, January 23, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Another project that's on pause for a while now:
Whiffing a Gundam series Type 97 hovertruck.

This is what Bandai says it should look like.

I don't agree.

Don't expect any updates soon, as I'm on a 1/72 airplane-trip at the moment.  ;)

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RotorheadTX

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

noxioux

Cliffy B

Oh man, that's sweet!  Are you going to keep it a hover tank?  It would look very slick with a set of tracks or wheels or both!
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: Cliffy B on January 25, 2012, 07:56:56 PM
Are you going to keep it a hover tank?  It would look very slick with a set of tracks or wheels or both!
I have (a lot of) wheels at the ready, just haven't decided on the configuration yet. My intention to begin with was, and indeed still is, to make a dio with the 'truck, to change it's floaty things to wheels, to place somewhere in the dio the bike that came with the Ramba Ral Commando set and change it's wheels to floaty things.

Besides the wheel-dillema there's still more to work out, like what to do with the empty hole where the cuppola for the Vulcan gun should be. But I'll work it all out in due time.

Thanks for looking and for your comments, people!

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Cliffy B

That empty cupola would be perfect for some sort of armored sighting mechanism.  Maybe a combo TV camera/IR illuminator/rangefinder.  Configure it to look high angle to take full advantage of the ZSU guns.  Abrams Tanks carry something similar.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Sticky Fingers

What I want is something retractable, so that the guns would have a free field of fire even when they aren't elevated. Anything that would stick out of that hole permanently would be like Swiss cheese the moment those 4 tubes open up...
The radar that guides the guns, so to speak, will therefor have to be positioned somewhere behind them, like on the original Shilka, or the PRTL-35mm GWI, or somewhere next to the guns, which is what I was planning. radar on one side, infra red/rangefinder on th' other. That way the profile would remain as low as possible.

Still leaves me with that there hole though...

Escape-pod? :rolleyes:
Huge bloody big giant mortar? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Maybe Just a round "steel" plate, welded in place? Nah, that's just too boring.

Weaver

Well since the only thing the autocannons can't take on is an MBT, how about a retractable ATGW launcher for emergency protection? It could be something like one or two tubes on the same side of a pedestal. They sit inside the hull in the vertical position, then "over-extend" to give enough clearance to swing them down into firing position.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Looks like something out of the film Captain America!!

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: Weaver on January 27, 2012, 04:21:09 AM
Well since the only thing the autocannons can't take on is an MBT, how about a retractable ATGW launcher for emergency protection? It could be something like one or two tubes on the same side of a pedestal. They sit inside the hull in the vertical position, then "over-extend" to give enough clearance to swing them down into firing position.
Wow. That's one of those "why-the-heck-didn't-I-think-of-that" ones!  :banghead::thumbsup:
That's going to be the one, and I can already think of one or two ways to make it actually rise out of the tube. Thanks, Weaver!