1:35 MS[G] EFGF UC Hard Graph M353A4-04 Argun (former) Hovertruck

Started by Sticky Fingers, January 23, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on January 26, 2012, 02:17:06 AMI have (a lot of) wheels at the ready, just haven't decided on the configuration yet.
Check!

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on January 26, 2012, 02:17:06 AMMy intention to begin with was, and indeed still is, to make a dio with the 'truck, to change it's floaty things to wheels, to place somewhere in the dio the bike that came with the Ramba Ral Commando set and change it's wheels to floaty things.
Check!

Some in-progress shots:

CANSO

The last flying/hovering/antigrav/maglev/whatever bikes remind me in a way of something I found years ago in the www - here. I simply love this type of bikes, moving above the terrain :thumbsup:.

McColm

Sticky Fingers

Right-o. Portia is safely locked away in the display cabinet, so let's give this build some TLC.

First of: the crew:

Driver's cabin:

Driver in the cabin:

Driver's cabin with driver in place, in place:

Underpinnings (without wheels; still need to figure out how to fit a square peg in a round hole, but I'll get there):

Sticky Fingers

buzzbomb

... and returning to scheduled programming.

Great build so far :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sticky Fingers

Weaver

Whoa! That is looking seriously cool now, and I love the hover bike!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nighthunter

Looks freaking awesome! Just one question though, does the ladder for the Driver(?) retract and extend? Cause that would be cool!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

CANSO

The flashing light looks like the Canadian flag in the photos! :thumbsup:
Loads of pretty tiny details all around - love it. :wub:
But is this not a real hover truck or are the monster wheels only temporary there? :rolleyes:

Sticky Fingers

Thanks for the praise, guys!
Quote from: Weaver on November 14, 2012, 04:38:06 AM
... the hover bike!  :thumbsup:

It DWARFS the hover bike! I'll take a shot of the two side by side tonight, it's quite funny.

Quote from: nighthunter on November 14, 2012, 11:27:56 PM
...ladder for the Driver...

That's step 55 on my list-of-things-to-pay-attention-to-before-I-can-start-throwing-some-paint-at-it.
At a guess I'd say I'm currently at step 46.

Quote from: CANSO on November 15, 2012, 06:07:03 AM
...not a real hover truck...
Well, it was intended as a hovertruck by Bandai.

But I just liked it better with wheels ;D.
But, you're right, and so I changed the topic title ;)

nighthunter

SF,

If I may offer a suggestion on the ladder, of making fenders for the wheels, and have the ladder be part of the fender, with a small indented landing for the driver to go from the fender to the cab.

Unless of course you have something better planned, in which case, carry on, LOL.

nighthunter

Hey Sticky Fingers,

I would like to see a right side photo, I really really want to draw this thing! And if you could give me a rough guess as to how many meters long this thing is?

kerick

I'm impressed! I really like the gun barrels. Are they after market or scratch?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise