1:35 MS[G] EFGF UC Hard Graph M353A4-04 Argun (former) Hovertruck

Started by Sticky Fingers, January 23, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Took my time today, and here's the result:

Camo's on :party:
My first totally free-hand, totally made-up, totally airbrushed camo.

Tomorrow I'll start blobbing in the details ;D with a regular brush and then it's on to some subtle weathering.
Thanks for looking and your comments :cheers:

Go4fun

I like that. And for a first effort it really looks great.  :bow:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

kerick

Clearly time well spent! Awesome job! Now I can't tell where the original kit ends and your mods begin.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

arkon

i call B S. there is no way way that the master work we see before us is your first time! :thumbsup:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Sticky Fingers

Thanks guys! Feeling very chuffed at the moment! :lol:

Quote from: arkon on November 24, 2012, 10:08:52 PM
i call B S.
You can call whoever you want to call, arkon ;D ;)
Quote from: scooter on November 24, 2012, 08:22:56 PM
Looks kind of like the old four tone MERDC camo pattern:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/M901-TOW-latrun-3.jpg/800px-M901-TOW-latrun-3.jpg
Impressive work though.  :thumbsup:
Damn! I'll need to be even more creative next time then! Must have seen that somewhere before, I guess.  Meh! :angry:  At first I wanted to do a Berlin Brigade type camo, but turns out someone else did that already on an original, slightly modded Hovertruck. So I just stopped looking for ideas and came up with my own, which is the one you see now.
Thanks for your compliment though <_<
Quote from: kerick on November 24, 2012, 07:49:24 PM
Now I can't tell where the original kit ends and your mods begin.
Primer+paint= the Great Equalizer!
It's always good to see after painting that no single bit stands out as being obviously modded/added.
It's even better when someone else mentions that! :lol:
Quote from: Go4fun on November 24, 2012, 12:58:35 PM
I like that. And for a first effort it really looks great.  :bow:
Thank you! There's one spot where I copulated up but I think I can hide that with some careful weathering.

scooter

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on November 25, 2012, 05:32:45 AM
Quote from: scooter on November 24, 2012, 08:22:56 PM
Looks kind of like the old four tone MERDC camo pattern:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/M901-TOW-latrun-3.jpg/800px-M901-TOW-latrun-3.jpg
Impressive work though.  :thumbsup:
Damn! I'll need to be even more creative next time then! Must have seen that somewhere before, I guess.  Meh! :angry:  At first I wanted to do a Berlin Brigade type camo, but turns out someone else did that already on an original, slightly modded... So I just stopped looking for ideas and came up with my own, which is the one you see now.
Thanks for your compliment though <_<

No worries, SF.  Besides, there are only so many camo patterns in the world to do. 
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

At least the MERDC pattern actually worked as camo, compared the the US Army's uniform that was supposed to blend in with everything and blended in with nothing!
I like it, looks great to me!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

nighthunter

Quote from: kerick on November 25, 2012, 08:38:10 PM
At least the MERDC pattern actually worked as camo, compared the the US Army's uniform that was supposed to blend in with everything and blended in with nothing!
Wrong! :P
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Sticky Fingers

There, done!

I thought if I just skipped the middle bit I end up with something to put into the display cabinet a lot sooner.

NARSES2

Now thats come out slightly different then I thought it would - different but really nice  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Logan Hartke

Sticky Fingers

Thanks gents :cheers:

Here's a couple of pics after today's session. Decals are added an the whole thing has had some light weathering. Lot's more to do though  ;)

This is the truck at ride height, though it can be raised even higher:

And here it's kneeled down almost all the way. I put mini-me with the yellow trousers in the pic to give an idea of the step:

Weaver

This is looking really great now!  :wub:

Minor point (and yes, I do wish I'd spotted it earlier): shouldn't those smoke dischargers on the turret sides be facing forwards?

I'm wondering now how one of these would look with a similar suspension set up but with the big single wheels replaced by bogies with either twin wheels or tracks....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Go4fun

Quote from: Weaver on November 26, 2012, 05:17:57 PM
This is looking really great now!  :wub:

Minor point (and yes, I do wish I'd spotted it earlier): shouldn't those smoke dischargers on the turret sides be facing forwards?

I'm wondering now how one of these would look with a similar suspension set up but with the big single wheels replaced by bogies with either twin wheels or tracks....

It has lots of forward facing smoke dischargers on the hull.  Those on the turret might be for when you have to make a rapid advance to the rear!  :blink:
"Just which planet are you from again"?