HeroQuest figures

Started by puddingwrestler, January 24, 2012, 06:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

For the full startling details, consult here and here.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Mossie

Wow, that brings back memories of rainy afternoons! :thumbsup:  Probably one of the few times I was popular with the other kids, they'd flock round to play it.  Picked up Space Crusade at a later date, that got a similar crowd round but didn't quite compare to HeroQuest.

I've got one of the games in the series in the loft, might be one of the 'Advanced' versions.  Only got the chance to play Advanced Space Crusade once when a lad at our school said he'd show a few of us how play it, except he used the chance to mercilessly beat us newbs & mock us as to his superior skills.  Guess it was my introduction to Joyless Wargaming Numpties, it put us all off any ideas of gaming mores the pity.  The in-depth rules of Advanced HeroQuest & Advanced Space Crusade seemed to put off most of my mates, always felt there should have been an 'Intermediate' version.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

After reading this thread, went in the loft to see which game I had left.  I was surprised to find HeroQuest, Advanced HeroQuest & Advanced Space Crusade (I definately haven't got Space Crusade, lent it to a mate nearly twenty years ago never to see it again).   

Boxes are slightly squashed but everything seems to be in them except for I'm missing the main characters from A-HQ.  Some of the figures are a little battered, cack handed gluing attempts, a little bit of p!ss poor painting, the odd weapon or arm snapped off but most of them are in reasonable repair.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

puddingwrestler

The first games of HeroQuest took place last night with my brother and his wife. I think she may be hooked...

deathjester

Gents, I recently looked online for a copy of Warhammer Quest so I can educate my boys in roleplay games - all those old GW/MB Games go for an absoloute fortune now - some over £100 !!

puddingwrestler

I checked ebay when i got it home; there was one HeroQuest listing in aus, and one international but available to aus. It had EVERY expansion... for $1000aud.

thedarkmaster

For context about how old they are.......

I was on the playtest team for these games when i worked for Games Workshop some time in the late 1980's  ;D ;D ;D ;D  i was young then
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

deathjester

Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 26, 2012, 11:02:55 PM

I was on the playtest team for these games when i worked for Games Workshop some time in the late 1980's  ;D ;D ;D ;D  i was young then
Yeah, I bet even the memory is in black and white... :rolleyes: ;D ;D

thedarkmaster

Quote from: deathjester on January 27, 2012, 01:14:29 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D......yes i am so old   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

deathjester

Quote from: thedarkmaster on January 27, 2012, 01:18:32 AM
Quote from: deathjester on January 27, 2012, 01:14:29 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D......yes i am so old   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
But sooo well preserved...!  :bow:

I bet GW today is a far different company to what it used to be...

puddingwrestler

HeroQuest is copyright 1989.

deathjester

Quote from: puddingwrestler on January 27, 2012, 12:37:42 PM
Ahh...the good ol' days - when GW games were affordable.... :banghead:

thedarkmaster

Quote from: deathjester on January 27, 2012, 01:49:49 PM
Quote from: puddingwrestler on January 27, 2012, 12:37:42 PM
Ahh...the good ol' days - when GW games were affordable.... :banghead:

When we worked their we brought the figures by weight it was about £8-£10 a kilo at the time...........plastics where free if you got lead figures.........I had so many armies  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steel Penguin

:bow: :blink:
i bow before your superior army's sir! 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

thedarkmaster

Don't have em now mate.........the Hunch Bitch of Chesterfield got rid of them when we got divorced  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:..........you can tell i'm not bitter, even all these years later  ;D ;D