Help me guys.

Started by Mr.Creak, January 29, 2012, 06:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Creak

I'm after buying some 1/72 contraprop sets (probably quite a few to "update" a number of aircraft), but my mind's gone a complete blank on who's likely to sell these.
(I'll probably kick myself when you give me the firms' names, but that's life).
Thanks guys.
What if... I had a brain?

pyro-manic

Aeroclub? Talk to John Aero over on Britmodeller, as the Aeroclub website isn't currently running AFAIK.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mr.Creak

Yep, *kicks self*, that's the one.
Thanks.
What if... I had a brain?

PR19_Kit

You can make contraprop sets out of John's non-contras too. You'd have to make your own arrangements for spinners etc.

I used a set of his Beverley props on my Convair-Hawler Osprey and reversed the pitch of one set of blades just by gently and slowly twisting them by hand! It works a treat with the metal that John uses and those Bev props look great, big and square tipped too.

See here for a piccie :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2274
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2012, 10:47:35 AM
You can make contraprop sets out of John's non-contras too. You'd have to make your own arrangements for spinners etc.

I used a set of his Beverley props on my Convair-Hawler Osprey and reversed the pitch of one set of blades just by gently and slowly twisting them by hand! It works a treat with the metal that John uses and those Bev props look great, big and square tipped too.

See here for a piccie :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2274

I've done the same with a set of the Sea Fury props Kit, for my 'In Service' De Havilland DH.101 Sabre Mosquito project

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

A TEN bladed contra-prop! Way to go Robert!  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

The aviation hobby shop do white metal ones....reasonable price....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitbasher

Quote from: Army of One on January 30, 2012, 01:22:17 PM
The aviation hobby shop do white metal ones....reasonable price....

Aeroclub I think you'll find.  And the stock is - sadly - steadily diminishing.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter