What to do with a Revell 1/25 Peterbilt 359 truck?

Started by McColm, January 31, 2012, 01:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Hi,
'Be careful of what you wish for as it has a may come true'.
I always dreamed of buying a Peterbilt truck kit and my bid on ebay wasn't that high about £20. Now that I've got it do I build straight from the box and put my own colour scheme on it or go for a whiff?
Are there any Eddie Stobart decals in 1/25?
Any ideas?

pyro-manic

Mad Max! Amrour and harpoon guns, spikes and extra fuel/water tanks.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Hobbes

Build it as a show truck. Lots of chrome everywhere, basically go crazy with the Alclad.

McColm

Mossie

Optimus Prime Flame job.  You could even do him in a classic G1 style scheme, Prime appeared in Peterbilt styles before the movie.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Another thought, you could use some 1/24 car decals, easier to come by than truck decals.  You could do it as racing truck, alternatively, a lot of the sponsors would fit naturally on a truck anyway.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

tigercat

PR19_Kit

Get rid of the puny engine that they put in them and upgrade it with a Merlin or something similar.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Turn it into a space craft. Starship Troopers 4 genre, or a grunge series.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2012, 04:20:29 AM
Get rid of the puny engine that they put in them and upgrade it with a Merlin or something similar.  ;D

Deltic.  ;)

McColm

Hmmm, a Dakar Rally version.
The submarine idea, radical, but plausible.
The jet truck, with wings and a jet engine or two.
Then there is an RV idea, but I'd need a rig for that extention. I picked up a German RV not too sure on the scale at a local jumble sale, there is no makers mark, nor any logo on the model. On the model there is a pullout canopy, storage doors that open, a ledge that holds a scooter on the back, on the roof there is a satellite dish and an inflatable boat. Larger than 1/72 but not as big as 1/24 or 1/48.

There used to be a glue I used at school for sticking paper and card. This had a plastic cone shaped container which looks similar to the shape of a cement mixer, I forget the makers name, but I haven't seen this glue for years. Maybe PR_19 Kit would know?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on February 01, 2012, 01:00:15 AM
There used to be a glue I used at school for sticking paper and card. This had a plastic cone shaped container which looks similar to the shape of a cement mixer, I forget the makers name, but I haven't seen this glue for years. Maybe PR_19 Kit would know?

Gee thanks, I know Mrs PR19 calls me her 'Memory Man' but I'm darned if I can rememember the maker either.  ;D :lol:

I DO remember the glue, the 'tube' was red with a different colour cap, but like you I haven't seen any for years.

Ah, Copydex perhaps? It's a latex based glue and sticks canopies beautifully, in small amounts and provided you can hide it under some paint. Was that the stuff?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit