Concorde liverys

Started by raafif, January 31, 2012, 01:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raafif

Just found out that there's an Iran Air office in Piccadilly, London. It has, in its window, a model of a Concorde in Iran Air markings. They were going to buy Concorde (along with many other airlines which bailed) before the Shah got toppled. One Concorde did some flights in Iran Air markings.

Anyone want to run around there & get a piccie ?
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Considering you live in darkest Dorset Pyro, AND that you claim to be a 'Master Procrastinator', that was a remarkably fast piece of work!  :thumbsup:

Dorset to Piccadilly and back in about 35 mins!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Santa's got nothing on me. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

TsrJoe

Glasgow museums has an original pre production configured Concorde display model in KLM. markings, i think a general e image can be found online of it but il try get some.next time im there
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Aircav

Can't remember where I got these from.

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

It's enough to make you cry............... :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

anthonyp

Got nothing on the Iran Air Concorde, but I do have a 1/144 Airfix Concorde with the Braniff markings.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 31, 2012, 05:42:28 PM
It's enough to make you cry............... :banghead:

Especially since 5 of those airlines are no longer with us.  Ok, so Continental's still being absorbed slowly by United, but still...  And I'd love to have seen the COAir globe and blue tail on the side. Ah well, one more to add to the list of models to do
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

MilitaryAircraft101

Must not be urged to buy 16 more concordes...

rickshaw

*SIGH* the old Flying 'roo.  It would have looked great on the tail of a 'corde.   :banghead:

I wonder what a "wunala dreaming" 'corde would have looked like?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Sticky Fingers

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, the Pepsi bird!  :thumbsup:

I have a decal sheet for that and one day...........  ;)

My fave Concorde is G-BOAD, currently sitting alongside the USS Intrepid in NYC Harbour, but she used to fly with BA 'Red Tail' markings on the starboard side and a Singapore Airlines scheme on the port side. The SIA scheme just SO suits a Concorde but I wish the BA side had been in the later Landor 'Blue Tail' scheme. I've done a RW G-BOAD already and I may do another with the Landor scheme on the BA side. I bet no-one in the Airliner SIG would even notice.  ;D

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Which reminds me........

There was another Air France 'Special Scheme' Comcorde with a blue/red fuselage with loads of stars and silver trim etc all over it. I don't think it flew with that scheme, but I can remember seeing pics of it coming out of a hangar.

Having said that I'm DARNED if I can find a piccie of it anywhere on the Net.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Mossie

The Classic British Jet SIG did a whole host of Concordes in alternative liveries at Telford in 2006:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.