Panzer IV / M113 kitbash

Started by mkhulu, February 01, 2012, 02:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkhulu

Little bit of progress today regarding the engine deck. Might have to add some kind of armoured fuel caps - to be found in the Academy KIFV box.

Going nowhere slowly

mkhulu

Milliput did not cure and hardened after leaving it overnight  :unsure:

temp was the same , so I am guessing :

1 - Milliput has gone off (Stored it in a dark , cool place within an airtight container ) or

2 - I mixed it in the wrong ratios  :banghead:

2nd setback , but hey I always see the glass as half full  ;D
Going nowhere slowly

rickshaw

The ratios are important.  I've used Milliput that was 20 years old and it still worked! 
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

pyro-manic

Looking good, mkhulu! Quite a mean-looking machine. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

mkhulu

Ripped off the Panzer IV mantlet and scratch built a new one.

Only thing now is that I need to drill two holes to attach the Pak 40 barrel to the new mantlet.

Somewhere , in the depths of my memories , I seem to recall bending moments from my 2 semesters of statics in my 1st year at uni  ;D

The new mantlet will also provide a better mounting place for the paraxial MG

A wee bit of PSR at the rear - and then to start the exhausts . Pics to follow soon
Going nowhere slowly

mkhulu

Pics showing the new mantlet - still to PSR today

Going nowhere slowly

NARSES2

I'm getting ever more impressed with this build  :thumbsup: but why is it now screaming Flakpanzer Coelian at me ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

coolpop6307

"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

mkhulu

*tumbleweed rolls by*

ta gents , I appreciate it !

Just been swamped lately - I guess I could apply project management principles to scale modelling but ......

then I would have to mix work with my hobby -(insert a not cool , sick smiley!)

Have some public holidays coming up , time for finishing this build

*cricket chirps*
Going nowhere slowly

NARSES2

Looking forward to you getting this finished  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

mkhulu

concentrating all available time on the turret - hull basically needs to be PSR'ed and the exhausts...

right , some piccies. Gap where the telescopic gun sight was , is to be filled. Seeing that the gunner sits on the RH of the TC , the telescopic gun sight was initially on the wrong side  ;D

Hoping to do some serious work on this bash this coming long weekend ...
Going nowhere slowly

coolpop6307

Coming along alot better than my steamtank right now, Keep up the good  :thumbsup:
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

mkhulu

Some progress piccies regarding the turret - I am going to rebuild the smoke grenade launchers tonight.

12.7mm MG is from the Academy set.

You will see that I lengthened the barrel by adding a bore evacuator - waiting for the Milliput to dry and then to PSR

^ co-ax MG is brass tubing

Going nowhere slowly

mkhulu

whiffed the turret - made it a bit longer to accommodate the longer gun barrel. Hole is for the TC cupola.

Waiting for Milliput to dry and then PSR
Going nowhere slowly

mkhulu

Noticed that the LH turret extension was WAY skew  :banghead: , so I removed it and reinserted a new one. To be puttied tomorrow. Barrel also to be puttied and PSR'ed tomorrow.

The mods to correct this error :

Close-up of the surgery I did :

I don't mind making mistakes - all part and parcel of learning  ;D
Going nowhere slowly