Not a WHIF, but Whew!!!

Started by Agena27, February 02, 2012, 08:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agena27

RussC

Welcome aboard, Agena.

Geez, that is scratchbuilding in its most literal form.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

I've seen Phil Warren's Matchstick Fleet many times now, he exhibits at model boat shows all over UK, but apparentlt he's NEVER managed to show all of it as no-one has enough space for them all!  :o

He usually has one or two of his current builds on the stand and the attention to detail, using ONLY matchsticks is amazing. The wings on his F-14s swing too...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Incredible work. I wonder what goes through his mind when someone says 'termites'.  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

dumaniac

or "have you got a light, mate?"

but on the lighter side,  you can't build a fleet out of fluid lighters - he did well the choose matches

mind you - if he wanted a bigger navy - he could paddle pop sticks

but on a more serious note,  the image says it all - lots of patience and imagination and something beyond my skills

RussC

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 02, 2012, 10:24:33 AM
I've seen Phil Warren's Matchstick Fleet many times now, he exhibits at model boat shows all over UK, but apparentlt he's NEVER managed to show all of it as no-one has enough space for them all!  :o

He usually has one or two of his current builds on the stand and the attention to detail, using ONLY matchsticks is amazing. The wings on his F-14s swing too...........

I think I have to lie down with ice on my head for awhile.....
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

Quote from: RussC on February 03, 2012, 06:27:17 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 02, 2012, 10:24:33 AM

I think I have to lie down with ice on my head for awhile.....

And the rotors on the choppers rotate as well  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Shame that he's had to give up because the materials he uses are no longer available.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.