She's the last of the turbine interceptors...

Started by noxioux, February 02, 2012, 08:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

A taste of things to come.  Road warrior treatment of the 1/24 Deluxe Batmobile.

Love this kit!

More to follow. . .

Old Wombat

Great Gobs of Greasy Goop, Batman, it's a rusty Batmobile!!!! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

noxioux

I have to apologize for my intermittent updates.  I have not been able to focus on my whiffing as much as in the past.

Here's a few more pictures of the batmobile.  Rusting is easy, and it's moving along fine.  I have decided to use a kitchen foil technique to create some distressed metal. I'll ad some dents later--when the thing is mostly assembled.

:cheers:

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

noxioux

Updated pics, here.  Project is nearing completion.  I still have some finishing touches to add, but this is 95% complete.  Mainly it needs a good oil wash, the door emblems, and some weathered red striping.  Not much left to do.  Pics:

Sure is good to be whiffing again.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

noxioux

RussC

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

NARSES2

Much, much more interesting then a "normal" Batmobile  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

That wants a story. What happened to Gotham?
Clearly the Wayne fortune declined, and the city with it, and the other superheroes abandoned Gotham to its fate. How about this?

Maybe after Joker killed the second Robin, Batman snapped and lost his moral compass, and after killing Joker and several of his henchmen and finally Harlequin, he withdraws, abandoning Batman and the Wayne Empire.
Boss Maroni seizes control, and sets ups his own "superheroes" using easier-to-control villians. Penguin finally joins what's left of "high society", Riddler gets bored and leaves town, and so does Selina Kyle after she finds her former foe is no longer the man she loved.
Nightwing and Batgirl try to fight on, but with the villians in control, they, too, decide they're better needed elsewhere.

The car we see is from the day Bruce Wayne decided to return to the streets as Batman. Why? That's yet to be revealed...
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Go4fun

We need more of a story behind this. I like it so far.
A great build by the way!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Old Wombat

Sorry it's been so long since I last looked at this. (For my sake, not yours, nox! :P )

Brilliant job! :bow:

Post-apocalyptic batmobile? Hmm!?

Now, Batman was always teetering on the edge between lawman & outlaw.
So, with the collapse of society & the breakdown of law & order, does he become the Ultimate Lawman or the Most Exquisitely Excessive Outlaw? :blink:

:cheers:

Guy.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est