Canadian fighters.....

Started by PR19_Kit, February 04, 2012, 09:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

This may be old hat to our Canuck brothers, and I'm sure I've read or heard a similar tale already, but the presentation of this version is truly magnificent, and in the best traditions of our group here.  :thumbsup: ;D :rolleyes:

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/285/language/en-CA/The-Breaking-Point--Canadian-MiGs-test-American-friendship--2011-APRIL-FOOLS-HOAX.aspx
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

That's a very interesting and well constructed article, just as kit said its in the finest traditions of our group.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

And I have a set of 1/72 scale decals which cover this lot, done by Mike Grant Decals as a special order for someone else and I got one of the few sets Mike printed up.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

philp

Saw this article awhile ago and have thought about doing one myself.  Wish I had known Mike did a set.  Would have ponied up some cash.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitnut617

Quote from: philp on February 04, 2012, 03:41:35 PM
  Wish I had known Mike did a set.  Would have ponied up some cash.

Philp, you might notice there's enough decals to do two CF-121F's,  I only plan on doing one -------
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike