Black and White flicker markings for propellers needed

Started by Aircav, February 07, 2012, 05:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Hi
Does anyone have info on the ratio for the Black and White prop markings to make the flicker/strobe as on moderm British aircraft, Tucano, Avro 748 and such?
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

Hi
And thanks for the two photos but what I'm looking for is how to work out the percentages for the widths of the black and white stripes, I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where.
Steve

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

That ought to be somewhere on the CAA site I reckon, but it's pretty darn difficult to find, and I've tried!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 13, 2012, 12:58:01 PM
That ought to be somewhere on the CAA site I reckon, but it's pretty darn difficult to find, and I've tried!

Why the CAA website?  CAA doesn't regulate the MOD - including aircraft visual and electronic conspicuity requirements (that's me with my work hat on!).  Suggest checking out photos and measuring; might be an MOD publication tat sets out the markings requirements, but don't know where to look.  The Military Aviation Authority (MAA) website (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/AirSafetyandAviation/MAA/) might just have something under any airworthiness regulations, but I doubt it.   
There's Tucano builds at http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/archive/airfix-trainer-aircraft-gb-fz6-s-build__o_t__t_5562.html, http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/index.php?component=content&topicid=5580 and http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68669 that might help.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Don't civvie prop aircraft use the same, or similar, propeller high visibility patterns these days? I'm pretty sure the Pawnee that our gliding club use has its prop painted like that.

[Later] Blimey, just looked at the CAA website. They seem to have a ruling that says 'Don't use a 2 syllable word where a 5 syllable one will do'  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Yippee, I found the file, it turns out the the article is CAA Aeronautical Information Circular 62/1992 ("Pink 45") and CAA Paper 91002, plus in the file I had this.  ;D :thumbsup:

Sir Sydney Camm

PR19_Kit

Excellent find Aircav!  :thumbsup:

I don't know how you found that, but it's a great job well done.

Regards
Kit