Pardubický Kit Salon 2012

Started by Darkfold, February 11, 2012, 12:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfold

Short photoreport from our today What-If SiG presentation in Pardubický Kit Salon 2011

Let the presentation begin! Yes, in bottle is true "whatifovica"

Presented models...

(Piaggio was winner of our category)

After Zdeněk Uj was promoted as winner with Piaggio the best model in What-If SiG presentation, our terrorist group make a little extortion of him...

This year in What-If SiG presented their models
Top line - Jakub "Kubouš/Šmírák letištní/Al Saif" Jirásek, Jaroslav "JTC/Němeček" Supík, Tereza "Terka" Ujová, Zdeněk "Ujík" Uj
Bottom line - Václav "PantherG/ibn Jusuf" Maděra, Tomáš "Raptor/Darkfold/Politruk" Mařík

See you with Mayans blessing in Pardubický Kit Salon 2013!

philp

Very nice and congratulations to the winner.  Will see how it does in the upcoming (some time, I swear) Whiffies.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PantherG

Comrade Darkfold cannot right english (likem,off course  ;D ). Comrade Kuba Jirásek have nickname "Airport stalker al Saif" .... ;D ;D ;D

Martin H

looks like a great display:)

We seriously have to get you guys over to the UK for a scale model world display at some point in the future :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PantherG

Looks good...but I cannot imagine me,with maybe 40 - 50 models on "road to UK"....  ;D Because I have not a car  :-\
But I have another idea.... Our UK "Whiff comrades" could comming to Modelbrno 2013...under codename "All kits with..."  :rolleyes: ;D

Martin H

That might be achievable :) at least for a small raiding party.
Unfortunately,

PR19_Kit

What a GREAT display! And I love the idea of the 'Whatifovika' too, it looks totally lethal. The Czech equivalent of Twiglets perhaps?  ;D

We'd need a couple of largish cars for such a 'raiding party' OGL, wouldn't we................?  ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PantherG

It was NOT a great display...It was a little display...only 33 kits (2/3 of them was mine :rolleyes: ).....Biggest CzWhat if SIG display was at Modellbrno.... more than 120 kits...but one of us is now "on duty" at Afghanistan (comrade Novis)....

So...I think,that "omnibus" will be a good choise for "raiding"...  ;D ;D ;D
P.S. I dont know,what is Twiglets...but.... we have a "homemade" SLIVOVICA.... germans say "schnaps"...and "Whatifovica" is the equivalent to "slivovica"(so in english it can say a "plum vodka"-maybe)....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: PantherG on February 11, 2012, 04:06:10 PM
P.S. I dont know,what is Twiglets...but.... we have a "homemade" SLIVOVICA.... germans say "schnaps"...and "Whatifovica" is the equivalent to "slivovica"(so in english it can say a "plum vodka"-maybe)....

If that's anything like Polish grupnik you could use it as fuel for a satellite launcher!  :o

Twiglets are a particularly British 'delicacy' with a very distinctive taste, and are much beloved by some of the UK Whiff population. More information on them here :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twiglets

and they look like this :-

Of course we may be prevented from bringing any to the Czech Republic as Holland and Germany may class them as weapons of mass destruction.......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Up to the amazingly high standard we've come to expect from our Czech comrades  :bow:

Quote from: Martin H on February 11, 2012, 03:02:35 PM

And with a year to sort it out, definately doable  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: Martin H on February 11, 2012, 01:59:14 PM
We seriously have to get you guys over to the UK for a scale model world display at some point in the future :)

Make a bit of space for the the Czech Chapter at Telford this year?
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Aircav

Quote from: Martin H on February 11, 2012, 03:02:35 PM

Count me in on that.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Darkfold

Holy crap!Czech What-If SiG on Telford...our orthodox modeller comrades from Czech and Slovak Republic burn as alive...especially after last Telford ;D ;D ;D

Martin H

ok so thats a possible 3 people.

Yet another project for me to look into eh :)

Its very do able, and getting there isnt to difficult. Wizz Air have a direct flight from Luton to Brno. We might also be able to team up with the Milton Keynes club as they attended the last modelbrno show. I will have a word with "Big" Dave Francis the next time I see him.

Unfortunately,

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on February 12, 2012, 02:53:36 AM
Its very do able, and getting there isnt to difficult. Wizz Air have a direct flight from Luton to Brno. We might also be able to team up with the Milton Keynes club as they attended the last modelbrno show. I will have a word with "Big" Dave Francis the next time I see him.

But flying there gives us the same problems as them flying here, taking enough models to put on a worthwhile show. Driving there isn't impossible, but would take longer and cost more of course.

Regards
Kit