Peterborough Show 2012

Started by Nick, February 17, 2012, 03:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Looks like I have the day off to go to this for the first time!  :thumbsup:  Who else is going and will the What-If SIG have a table there?

Howard of Effingham

we have had a table there for the last few years nick.

i'll be there nick, with richard brooker [as part of IPMS cov' and warks as well] and i daresay OGL will be there too.

its a good little show. afaik, narses2 is coming as well.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Devilfish

Look forward to seeing you there!

NARSES2

Yup as things stand I'll be getting the train up
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

van883

Looks like I'll miss this one too due to my poorly back-can't see myself being fit to drive to Peterborough and then walk to and around the show. I can't even walk around the house at the moment!
:banghead:

Van

deathjester

I'll be there - what size table will we have?

Martin H

Quote from: deathjester on February 17, 2012, 01:49:51 PM
I'll be there - what size table will we have?

Two tables, single depth. Ie the standard allocation for this one.

This could be interesting for me this year, My dad might be tagging along.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

saturday 3rd of March dave.

The venue is Peterborough town hall
Unfortunately,

NARSES2

Probably be there about 10:00ish trains permitting
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Not a problem Chris.

This show is free to get in, so no need for any kind of pass
Unfortunately,

Nick

Where do people normally park for this show? I'm looking at the Queensgate Shopping Centre at £5.50 for the day  :blink:

Martin H

right. If your comeing via the A1, come off the A1 at J17 (A605/A1139 Fletton parkway) follow the road to the third juction and turn left onto the A1260 Nene parkway. Then 2nd juction A605 Oundle road, follow that untill you pass the rail way (mainline, not the nene valley railway). At the end of the road turn left onto London Road. That will bring you to a one way system, Follow it around to the roundabout. go around that as if you are going back on your self via the one way sytem. You will see a car park on the left hand side by a large public park and the old Lido out door swimming pool. Park in there. it was around £3 all day last year. The venue is at most a 5 min walk from there. Once parked walk past the Lido to the road cross over (the cathedral will be in front of you) cross the road, turn left and walk past the roundabout. Then past the short stay carpark and if your there before 10am, head up the dead end small back street on the right hand side (st Peters road. The rear entrance of the town hall is about 2/3rds of the way up on the left. If after 10am (ie after the show opens) go past st peters road to the pedestrianized area and turn right, the town hall main entrance is on the right about 60-70 yards up. If you walk past the modelzone shop you have gone past it  ;D The show is up stairs. 

A word of warning to all drivers. Make sure your parking ticket is clearly visible and valid for the car park you are in, the local parking wardens mean business and dont take prisoners.
Unfortunately,

NARSES2

Must admit neither Google Maps or Streetmap is particularly clear as to where the Town Hall is. Indeed if you Google the Town hall you get at least 2 post codes  :banghead:

I'll head for the cathedral and ask

Martin H

Good idea Chris, Mind you. If you happen to see the local modelzone branch. Head for it, The town hall is 2-3 doors away from it

this might help
Unfortunately,