T-33 for the RAF ideas?

Started by P1127, February 18, 2012, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

Quote from: Martin H on February 25, 2012, 03:37:28 AM
Quote from: kerick on February 24, 2012, 07:41:42 PM
Then have them reworked into the Skyfox.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97206
T-33s forever!

Im way ahead of you on that one. Skyfox

Is that your latest creation Martin, wouldn't mind a copy of it when you're done please.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

it was a sort of commission job that I did last year.

It was mastered by Roger the Cabin boy. I did about 6 of em before the moulds gave up the gost.

I might do more at a later date, but for now its out of production.
Unfortunately,

andrewj

Gondor

Looks a bit like a version of the Me 262

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: Martin H on February 25, 2012, 09:24:23 AM
it was a sort of commission job that I did last year.

It was mastered by Roger the Cabin boy. I did about 6 of em before the moulds gave up the gost.

I might do more at a later date, but for now its out of production.

Neat!  could you put me on your list for one then please, when you get around to producing them again.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Mossie on February 18, 2012, 02:46:04 PM
'46 scenario, RAF receives the P-80 on lend-lease.  Some T-33's stay on charge after the war is over.

They couldn't because we would have had to pay for them and we were broke.  Anything lend lease either went back, got scrapped or chucked over the side. One of the lakes in the Lake District is littered with Catalinas full of bullet holes in the bottom.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kerick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 25, 2012, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: Mossie on February 18, 2012, 02:46:04 PM
'46 scenario, RAF receives the P-80 on lend-lease.  Some T-33's stay on charge after the war is over.

They couldn't because we would have had to pay for them and we were broke.  Anything lend lease either went back, got scrapped or chucked over the side. One of the lakes in the Lake District is littered with Catalinas full of bullet holes in the bottom.
Time to go fish'n in the lake!!
By the way, Martin H, What did kit you use for the engines on the Skyfox?  Or did you scratch build 'em?  I've got a 1/48th T-33 and a Cessna Citation I may kitbash someday.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Auxiliary Air Force - Overall painted aluminium/high speed silver (delete as appropriate - or simply don't bother), with yellow 'trainer bands' and VERY colourful unit bars each side of the fuselage roundel, like the Meteor T7's and Harvards.

As an extension of this, how about squadron/station hacks going through the subsequent camouflage era's - imagine that there was no-such-thing as defence cuts :-\ - pick a squadron and follow it through from the overall 'silver' all the way to the lo-vis greys...

...Hmmm, wonder how much I'd need to pay for four of the old Heller kits in New Zealand ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

'They gone on the 'rare breeds' list, Lee ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

The Wooksta!

They haven't been out since the 80s AFAIK.  Last seen in the phototop box.  Well, the last once I saw was.  I'd like one for myself to do as a PR one.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

Quote from: kerick on February 25, 2012, 07:50:49 PM
By the way, Martin H, What did kit you use for the engines on the Skyfox?  Or did you scratch build 'em?  I've got a 1/48th T-33 and a Cessna Citation I may kitbash someday.

They came from a 1/144th Revell Airbus A319.
Unfortunately,

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on March 08, 2012, 02:32:51 PM
They came from a 1/144th Revell Airbus A319.

They'll be the optional V-2500 engines then. Not all the Revell Airbus narrow bodies come with both V-2500 and CFM-56 engines, some only have the CFMs, so better to check before you buy.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Sensemann

From what Ive seen of the RAF/RN they hate tandem on dedicated trainers but adbanced and dual role they do approve like the Alpha Jet E and such. Would be perfect for that. Wing tip pods from a F 89 Scorpion?