Brno's Nineheaded Dragon match by Darkfold/Raptor

Started by Darkfold, February 19, 2012, 12:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfold

Once upon a time, comrades from Czech What-If SiG had idea how to use two free years before Modellbrno 2013...

We start deadly modeling match "Brno Dragon 2013" ("Dragon" is a badge od ModellBrno and one of Brno's legends in which the dragon was presented as crocodile which is now padded and displayed in Brno town hall).Every participant must build nine what-if models (as behading nine heads of dragon) and presented them on MB2013.

First dragon's head is Potez 540 from Směr in scale 1/72 (one competitor had exception for Amiot 143 - we are gleeful :) )
Second dragon's head is a model of F-4 Phantom in arbitrary version and scale
Third dragon's head is a model of plane from November War in arbitrary version and scale
Four dragon's head is a model of A-6, EA-6, F-111 or EF-111 in arbitrary version and scale
Fifth dragon's head is a model of plane with two or more engines in arbitrary version and scale
Sixth dragon's head is a model of chopper in arbitrary version and scale
Seventh dragon's head is a model of biplane fighter in arbitrary version and scale
Eight dragon's head is a model of jet plane from fifties or sixties in arbitrary version and scale
Nine dragon's head is a model of armor/APC/truck/... in arbitrary version and scale

Match pages on modelforum.cz is here:

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewforum.php?f=615

My battleplan for this match is:

First dragon's head - Poter 540 (1/72, Směr)
Second dragon's head  - F-4G Phantom II (1/48, Hasegawa)
Third dragon's head - MiG-21bis (1/48, Eduard)
Four dragon's head - F-111 (1/48, Academy)
Fifth dragon's head - An-124 (1/144, Revell)
Sixth dragon's head RAH-66 Commanche (1/48, Italeri)
Seventh dragon's head - Nieuport Ni-23 (1/48, Eduard)
Eight dragon's head - De Havilland Sea Vixen (1/48, Airfix)
Nine dragon's head - ShKH vz.77 (1/35, Trumpeter)

(may be alterned)

Here are my first two heads - Second dragon's head presented by hasegawa's F-4G Phantom and Third dragon's head is presented by Eduard's MiG-21bis, both planes in 1/48 scale. I try to reconstructed events which happened on 22th november 1989 over the Pilsen. On this day, joined forces of USA, UK, France and West Germany launch great air raid against targets in central Czechoslovakia. At 0930 Zulu, vanguard forces of first wave consist from Wild Weasels and fighters were over Pilsen attacked by czechoslovak fighters and one of greatest european air battle's on 20th century started. During battle were F-4G Phantom "Whirling death" no.255 from 23rd FS "Fighting Hawks"/52th FW (Spangdahlem AFB) with crew  capt.Carl Waldron and 1st.lt.Henry Wilcox attacked by MiG-21bis no.2336 from 5th Fighter Regiment (Pilsen-Líně AFB) piloted by 1st.lt Jaroslav Tichý. Battle was tragical for both planes. Whirling Death was crushed by MiGs cannon fire and one R-60 missile and crashed near Pilsen. Crew made succesful ejection and was captured. Unfortunatelly, only after a few minutes was MiG destroyed in combat with Lakenheath's and Bitburg's Eagles and his pilot died in burning wreck of his fighter...

Both models will be inflight configuration with retracted canopies and gear and will be attached on plexiglass bars - dammaged Whirling Death in pitch flight with opened air brakes pursuited in very close distance by attacking MiG which fly from attack and made barrel roll for next attack. I started with construction of Whirling Death using Aires resin cockpit and Eduard photoetched parts.To start, coloured cockpit and two photos from experiments with pilot figure...

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.