WHIF's found in Magazines/books

Started by Spey_Phantom, February 27, 2012, 10:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 06, 2014, 12:08:27 AM
Could be (based on) a Yak-200/210, too? From the size and the engines it's a good match:

I think you nailed it Dizzy', with the dorsal fin fillet showing in this pic
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Tophe

Interesting comparison... while the text (next page) is saying this is a Douglas...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Logan Hartke

The other thing that I thought was interesting was that the plane is low wing, but the nacelles are still slung, so the fuselage would sit way off the ground.

Cheers,

Logan

Tophe

Yes, thanks.
And here is the last picture with this 'Douglas' plane:

Tophe

From his (French) toys catalogue, my son showed me the Real Boeing-747 is 2-engined (with 3 passengers only)...:

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

Thanks for your link, Nils, directing to another link with kinda Vickers Wellington cartoon:

scooter

Quote from: Tophe on January 25, 2014, 11:40:57 PM
From his (French) toys catalogue, my son showed me the Real Boeing-747 is 2-engined (with 3 passengers only)...:

Reminds me of the Fisher Price jet, which is basically an egg-shaped DC-9

And which Nick mentioned here
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Tophe

Spey_Phantom

this one was on the front page of Belgian bussiness newspaper "De Standaard" today.
(article was the rivalry between Brussels Airlines and Ryanair in Brussels Airport).

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

That's pretty cool ! I think Ryanair would have the upper hand, in sheer numbers....you guys buy about 4 737s for the price of one F-35 !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on February 01, 2014, 06:09:08 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 01, 2014, 05:56:42 AM
Well I know who I'm rooting for  :rolleyes: :banghead:

I trust it is NOT Michael O'Leary!  :angry:

No it's not. I've had a couple of issues. They may well provide a perfectly adequate service for a lot of people but as I said I've had a few issues whilst flying on business. The other major budget provider on the other had was excellent when a couple of problems cropped up
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

hate to see the competition escalate - my daughter works in France and flies on Ryanair