WHIF's found in Magazines/books

Started by Spey_Phantom, February 27, 2012, 10:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

i got this awesome poster from Lockheed with a couple of company newsmagazines, when i was at the Florennes airshow at the beginning of the summer.
its the cancelled P-7A Super Orion that was offered to the US Navy's MMA requirement (witch eventually was won by the Boeing P-8A)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

More whiffie goodness from Tim O'Brien in Air Forces Monthly.
scanned in some older artwork from last years issues aswell  :mellow:

these have been the ispiration for my WW3 build  :thumbsup:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

In the French cartoon "Le voyage extraordinaire", tome 2, London is attacked in 1927 by pusher bombers...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

scooter

:o  A Reaper wing fall through some sort of weird time portal into young Hitler's hands?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Tophe

In the French comics Pif-Gadget, a very old issue of 1972, I have found this weird "Douglas". Is this an A-26 Invader with tandem cockpit?

Logan Hartke

Not quite, but it's close.  The wing on the A-26 was much higher on the fuselage and the fuselage was much boxier, for instance.

I will agree that that's where the inspiration came from, however.

The biggest problem with that is the same issue that plagues many scale-o-rama radial-engined aircraft.  Those engines are silly small (or that pilot is HUGE!).  Those are too small to be even R-1535s.  It is just a comic, though, and it's a pretty aircraft.

Cheers,

Logan

Tophe

Captain Canada

72nd scale Invader with 48th scale engines and cockpit  :thumbsup:

Love that painting of the Sea Tempest. I'd hate to take a carrier that close to the land/glacier/iceberg tho !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 05, 2014, 07:43:25 AM
72nd scale Invader with 48th scale engines and cockpit  :thumbsup:
Wouldn't it 72nd A-26 Invader with 48th (T-6?) cockpit and 144th (P-47?) engines?

Captain Canada

Looking back at the pic you could probably use the T-6 engines as well. Single prop as well ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Could be (based on) a Yak-200/210, too? From the size and the engines it's a good match:

Captain Canada

I still think it's Invader based, but that would be a good kit to bash if you were going to build one !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 06, 2014, 12:08:27 AM
Could be (based on) a Yak-200/210, too? From the size and the engines it's a good match:

The bottom pic looks like its balancing on its main gear! Nice looking aircraft, even for a Russian design.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.