WHIF's found in Magazines/books

Started by Spey_Phantom, February 27, 2012, 10:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 01, 2021, 06:12:13 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 31, 2020, 07:34:24 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 31, 2020, 06:07:25 AM

The January edition of SAM dropped through the letter box yesterday and there are 3 WIF builds in there, all 1/72. Fantastic Plastic's Vickers Armstrong 559 : Anigrand's XF-103 Thunderwarrior and XF-108 Rapier.

.....and tomorrow the WORLD!  ;D ;)

Why wait ?  ;)

It's New Year's Day today, a public holiday.

World Domination will have to wait a few hours.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on December 31, 2020, 08:57:57 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 31, 2020, 06:07:25 AM
The January edition of SAM dropped through the letter box yesterday and there are 3 WIF builds in there, all 1/72. Fantastic Plastic's Vickers Armstrong 559 : Anigrand's XF-103 Thunderwarrior and XF-108 Rapier.

Nice builds  :thumbsup:

Ah yes, the 559 that's produced by Special Hobby (according to the panel at the top of the article).  Same issue claims 35000 Grumman/General Motors Wildcats were built (actually 7885, so only 443% wrong!).

Yup and the article on the Cobra build is also in the Jan edition of MAM. I'm making no comment on that until I've read them both other than to wonder if the author was paid twice.

Still waiting for December's SAMI, which weren't sent out until Monday the 21st according to correspondence with them  :-X
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 01, 2021, 06:15:52 AM

That's so good of you Kit  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 01, 2021, 06:17:18 AM

Even if you do wait until the first working day of 2021, you will find World Domination a very much over rated  pastime............I do have the Boy Scout World Domination badge, but I gave it up years ago and took up Whiffery instead; it's much more fun!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 01, 2021, 06:33:57 AM

Even if you do wait until the first working day of 2021, you will find World Domination a very much over rated  pastime............I do have the Boy Scout World Domination badge, but I gave it up years ago and took up Whiffery instead; it's much more fun!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A guy I didn't meet when I lived in Berlin didn't succeed too well at it either..............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 01, 2021, 08:07:27 AM
Quote from: Rheged on January 01, 2021, 06:33:57 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A guy I didn't meet when I lived in Berlin didn't succeed too well at it either..............  ;)
Did he take holidays in Argentina?

NARSES2

June SAM has a kitbashed Avro Atlantic, neat build  :thumbsup: