What could be made from these....

Started by Army of One, February 29, 2012, 02:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Well.....after a conversation with a chap visiting the stand at Crewe it got me thinking......these models have been selected.....they will give themselves up for the greater good......vodka for inspiration..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Rat

Um, excuse me Sir, but I think you might have forgotten to add a picture or two.  ;)
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Army of One

Mr Rat......you ain't wrong there.....!!!! From these.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

No idea what you're going to do with that lot, and nor will you after the vodka  :drink: :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

That's going to get ugly even if you don't drink the vodka......

S'okay though: ugly is good.... :thumbsup:

Weaver
Warthog fan
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TsrJoe

i can reccomend the vodka for thinning acrylics for spraying  :wacko:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

RussC

Your choice could be to create either a Helicopter compound machine, like a super Cheyenne or a fast transport using the helo body and the jet bits. It looks like either making one craft with plenty of parts options OR trying to create two machines with less options, or dipping into your other parts - boneyard.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

The Rat

I'm very interested in what you are going to do with them.

But...

I'm even more interested in what you'll do with what's left over!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Mossie

Quote from: Weaver on February 29, 2012, 08:45:20 AM
That's going to get ugly even if you don't drink the vodka......

The voddie will help with that! Beer goggles for teh win! :drink: :drink: :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

RussC......not a helo n not two craft.....the other option is very close...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kerick

How about something like   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_S-72
I'm rattling something around in my brain using two blackhawks and an A-10.  I don't know just how the Sukhoi would fit in other than a different wing option.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn

Finlander.......yum yum!
Glenn

Try putting the A-10 wings and tailplane on the helo and remove the rotor system.

philp

Hmm, the container the vodka comes in would be a good base for something sci-fi, maybe anti missile satelite?

Like the S-72 option but not with a Super Jolly Green. 
I have the helicopter kit that took a fall and the main rotor got busted up.  I can either fix it or I was thinking maybe a short field transport aircraft?

Will be interesting to see what you come up with.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Army of One

Loving the ideas chaps.....some are pretty close....to be fair there probably won't be much of the Sukhoi used....I do have a rough idea of what will happen and some even rougher sketches.....surgery will probably start early next week when on days off.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Tophe

If I were you, I would:
- use the MiG as basis
- adapt on the MiG the jets of the A-10, on the back
- adapt on the MiG the fins of the A-10, as central support to hold the rotor of the helicopter (needing to rotate above the MiG fin)
Is this crazy? Yes, that is what vodka is made for... :lol:

EDIT: When I said MiG read Sukhoy, sorry (vodka effect?)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]