First jet of the new year finished!!!

Started by matrixone, March 02, 2012, 01:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here it is, my 1/48 scale HobbyBoss Me 262. Built O.O.B., painted with Model Master enamels and decals are a mix of those from the kit and my spares box. As usual I did a custom mix with the Model Master paints, their line of Luftwaffe colors are off the mark for the proper shades of paint and I wanted a closer match.

Matrixone

MilitaryAircraft101

Very very cool matrix. Thanks for sharing!  :wub:

PantherG

matrixone

Thanks MilitaryAircraft101 and PantherG!

Its a bit different than my other Me 262s. <_<

Matrixone

Cobra

Superb Job,matrixone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i could just hear an Announcer say,"Somewhere in Germany,the Luftwaffe makes one of it's ME-262's Ready to Defend Against Allied Air Forces!"!  Superb Photos & Model work!  :cheers: :cheers: Dan

matrixone

Thanks Dan, I appreciate your comments! :thumbsup:

Matrixone

RussC

As always , Matrix ... supurb build and photography.  :mellow:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

matrixone

Thanks very much Russ!

If you like this one you might like my 'secret' what-if I have on the bench now. ;D There won't be any in-progress pics of that one.

Matrixone

dumaniac

Super as usual

tell me what Model Master colour do you use for the greg-brown-purple colour - it looks really effective in your colour scheme

cheers Bernie   :thumbsup:

Alvis 3.14159

Awesome job, the colours look much more realistic.

Alvis Pi

sequoiaranger

Lovely mottle-work. Close-ups still look terrific. I think, too, you "nailed" the colors!

I do like the "nashorn"-type of Me-262, having made one myself (scratchbuilt nose, 1/72) a long time ago. Strange that they were used/intended for GROUND ATTACK! Seems a no-brainer for bomber-destroyers!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Weaver

Lovely job - nice one!  :thumbsup:

Wish I could airbrush like that....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

matrixone

Many thanks to all for the kind words! :bow:

For the RLM 81 color on my model I used a mix of the Model Master RLM 81 and Model Master Shokelbraun (a German armor color), the other color on my model was supposed to RLM 82 but I did not get the mix on this color right, it should not have been that pale looking. My flat clear coat made that color not as intense as I wanted it to be but I won't worry about it since its well known there were slight variations in batches of paint during the war. ;)

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thank you NARSES2, much appreciated.

Matrixone