Crusader XVI: my armour attempt

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 03, 2012, 04:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this one im going to make up in Flemish Army markings.

its a upgraded "never retired" version of the WW2 Crusader tank.
the crusader never was a succes in world war 2 so i decided that since im bonna be building a modernday upgraded version of it, i should add some new features.

already fitted is a new 120mm gun, replacing the way to light 56mm (made from a length of old sprue).
other features planned to be fitted is an engine upgrade, modular armour plating arround the tracks and turret, a periscope with IR camera, grenade launchers or remote control .50 gun,....

the kit im using is an Armourfast 1/72 Crusader II.
im not an armour builder, but my hobbyshop shopkeep told me that these were easy and fast to make (a requirement for wargamers), not to mention that the tracks are already moulded on the threads (witch was always my weakspot as i could never get them to fit right without coming loose) so basicly, its armour modeling for dummies  :mellow:

pic:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

mkhulu

Doen zo voort  (keep going !)  :thumbsup:

Vriendelike groete vanuit Zuid-Afrika  ;D
Going nowhere slowly

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Now I don't want to go all JMN on you Nils but fire that gun and the turret goes backwards ?  :blink: You could say it's a low pressure gun maybe.

The builds looking good and I like these "Armourfast" type of kits. he Pegasus ones are good as well, especially some of the German projects
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

120mm breech-loading mortar. :thumbsup: Firing HEAT or HE-fragmentation rounds depending on the target. Problem solved.

Looking good, Nils - I reckon you want some extra armour on the glacis as well. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

mkhulu

well done  :thumbsup: Anybody that builds in 1/72 is a hero -  1/72 and especially 1/144 is way too small for me to build ..
Going nowhere slowly

NARSES2

Has a sci-fi look about it, nice one Nils
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Nice! I like the optics turret - off a helicopter? :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 08, 2012, 06:55:06 PM
Nice! I like the optics turret - off a helicopter? :thumbsup:
no, it was something that was stuck on the sprue of a 1/85ish revell Fokker F-27.
kept it on the side for years, until now :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

Nice one Nils - whatever it's other failings, the Crusader was certainly a looker, and it's suspension and skirts are very modernist, so good choice. :thumbsup:

Got me thinking now...... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones