The Wooksta! - The Plan: Comments thread

Started by The Wooksta!, March 09, 2012, 03:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The moulds changed hands some years back and some of the kits are currently available under the Jays banner, although they're mainly the Griffon Spitfires and Seafires.  No changes in decals or markings options either.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I like your plans for a Swift PR6, they align well with my thoughts on the matter.  :thumbsup:

And yes, DO build the 545! A fascinating aircraft for sure, and that Maintrack kit isn't bad at all. The real thing was at Cranfield when I was doing my HND Auto way back, and it was the first area ruled aircraft I'd ever seen, and it looked like something from the 21st centrury!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Interesting thoughts on the late mark Seafire floatplanes Lee  :thumbsup:. Not something I would have thought of, although I can now think of a couple of possible scenarios.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Feel free to have a go - I don't hold the monopoly on whiffed Spitfires.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rheged

I'm delighted to note that your  lucky dip bits boxes are proving such a success.   Everyone deserves a bit of luck now and again, this seems to have been your turn!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

I'm sure I've mentioned buying quite a few of these bits boxes - my memory thinks there could have been at least 6 but possibly ten or more - and I've yet to get one that didn't yield something.  Sometimes they're just unassembled bits, others complete but unfinished models - I finished one Airkit F21 the other day that was bought in a bits box as an unfinished wreck* and there's another one that just needs it's canopy and guns.  I know I've certainly acquired 3 Airkit F21s and 1F22 in boxes of bits - two built as mentioned and one a collection of spares.

I always try to get Spitfire spares boxes, simply because there's always something worth using.

*IIRC, it was amongst a batch of Ventura kits and Aeroclub conversion fuselages, the seller said that it was fit for the bin.  I disagreed, he'd actually done quite a decent job and it was a shame to throw away all that hard work, especially a rare Airkit Spitfire.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Noting your comment that you don't use Tamiya tape, whose do you use as a matter of interest ?

On the spare parts front, I may have a few fuselages, wings etc from various AZ and Sword kits (indeed I know I have them, where is the question). I'll try and dig them out for when I make my normal pilgrimage North in June to see the family and go to Northern show. Might as well go to a good home.

Maybe some Frog Hornet  fuselage/wings as well if of interest ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

If you're at 'alifax, pass them along then.  I'll not say no to the Hornet bits either, as they could be especially useful for the twin boom one I've been considering for several years!

Tape - I've always used cheap masking tape from Wilkinsons, although it can sometimes be a bit hit and miss with the glue as sometimes it leaves residue.  I've tried using Tamiya but the cost always puts me off.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

If I can find the stuff I'll bring it to Halifax Lee.

I've not found another tape I'm happy with for masking, so I've stuck with Tamiya, although I did buy a load of it many years ago and so haven't had to face up to the price of it recently.

I'll have a look at Wilko's. Cheers mate  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

"Well, that's one milestone passed - the Seafire 15 (early) is finished, which means I only need to do a late Seafire 15 and a Seafire IIc and I've done the entire Spitfire family"

Certainly a milestone mate, well done  :thumbsup:

Celebrations planned once the "final" two are finished ?  ;) :cheers:

kitbasher

Love the thread Mr B. Where the hell does all your modelling time come from??
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

QuoteWell, that's one milestone passed - the Seafire 15 (early) is finished, which means I only need to do a late Seafire 15 and a Seafire IIc and I've done the entire Spitfire family.

What Chris said, that's amazing, well done.

Not to mention all the variants you've done that Supermarine never got round to building.  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing your 545, one mazing looking aircraft, a pity they never flew it. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 07, 2023, 09:38:15 AMI already have a unit in mind, and a graphic for the unit badge, which I need to do some Photoshop work before asking Kit to do his thing.

Oh goody, I don't have a lot of decal doing on my plate just now, and I do love doing them.  ;D

But a 1960s Spitfire? That's different anyway.

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

1960s RAF Spitfire?

Hmmm.

F.22 or F.24 for fighter affiliation with Lightnings in lieu of the real-world PR.19(s) used in that role, mayhap?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

There were a large number of gate guards that were refurbished for a certain film!  And were still MOD property...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: