The Wooksta! - The Plan: Comments thread

Started by The Wooksta!, March 09, 2012, 03:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 01, 2012, 07:52:44 AM
It's not something I want to do, although if others find it feasible and want to do it, by all means.  I don't have a monopoly on what if Spitfires.

Alex from IPMS Brampton has already done it. He had it on their club stand at their own show last year.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

He's another Spitfire nut.  Which reminds me, I promised him a load of bits but never sent.  I'll take them down to Telford for him.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

Have you tried putting a Spitfire wing on an Attacker?
What about a nosewheel Attacker, this might mean putting the wings further back to counter the CofG?

The Wooksta!

I've toyed with the ideas but that's as far as it got.  IIRC, there's an Attacker fuselage with some mods done to allow for Spitfire flying surfaces, but I never started sticking bits together.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Good display at Telford Lee, particularly liked the Attackers.

Sorry to hear about the job. Best of luck, it's tough out there
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

van883

Good luck with the book, and sorry to hear about the job. Best wishes, Van.

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Hi Lee

Seen your report of a Canadian Attacker - made me think of a RAN one, mind if I nick the thought ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

NARSES2

To answer your question Lee. Yes I'm still following.

Captain Canada

Love the last selection of Spits there Lee....especially the floater. I also love to see Spits in desert camo, and the addition of the Firefly tanks is an idea I have duly noted....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TallEng

I'm looking forward to your take on the two seater Spitfires, and I must admit before
I started turning it into a F.21 I had thought of turning my Mk.22 into a two seater,
High speed silver, yellow training bands and give to one of the RAuxAF Squadrons.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Wooksta!

There was a whisper that  at least one F18 flew with a Spiteful (ie F22) tail unit, so crossing it with a Heller F16 wing plus some new full span tips may be a good idea - the radiators are Griffon ones anyway.

I've a Frog 14 fuselage modded with a resin 2 seater spine and fitted to take a 21 wing.  Just got to assemble an interior and it's ready to go.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Well if the Swift FR5 was a decent low level FR bus then why not an FB/FG or FGR 1-4. I'd look wider than the squadrons you're thinking of for an alternative F1-4 line and think which Sabre squadrons flew Typhoons or Tempests in WW2 (not ADGB but 2TAF Tempests), or possibly other ground attack types (Hurricanes, Kittyhawks); a whole RAF Germany ground attack fleet beckons - and the the Hunter FGA9 may never have emerged.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter