The Wooksta! - The Plan: Comments thread

Started by The Wooksta!, March 09, 2012, 03:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I'm pretty wedded to the 74 Sqn option for the one on the bench, mainly as it's got some basis in reality.  The FB versions were thrown out there for others to have a play with.  I only want to do one or two Swifts because it's an aircraft I'm not that bothered about.  Except the F7, naturally...

And comparing the Testors wing to the Magna F7 plan, the tips are extended so a possibly PR6 Swift is a goer.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Thanks for the heads up on the Hasegawa Spit. Not a big fan of their kits anyway, but at least now I know !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

The mark I/Ia is one of their early kits.  It's not that bad apart from the errors I mentioned and it's certainly better than other Spit kits of a similar vintage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Captain Canada

That's a lot of Spitfire kits ! Looks like you enjoy the odd Mossie as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

So we have finally seen the stash ;D. I've another load of Spitfires sitting in my brother's spare bedroom waiting to join it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

Having read ( bits) and seen the current re-stashing Lee, Just how many completed airframes do you have now?  And do you have any idea what you've got yet to build?
I would ask for pics, ( as it must be spectacular by now) but like you I have an aversion to photo hosts that are obfuscating in there terms. 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

Completed airframes?  With paint and decals?  About 200.  Another 50 or so awaiting primer plus a fair few in the part started condition.

The re-stashing.  At the prices Home Bargains are charging, it's quite simply stupid not to.  Apart from saving money on the kit price, it'll stop me buying them at Telford.  Not through lack of cash (Telford is already paid for, with the monies sitting safe in the bank) but because the HB kits are so cheap I'll be able to sneer at a price of £4 and say "Not paying that!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Steel Penguin

200  :blink:  wow  that's awesome!  :bow:
the re-stashing I can understand, especially when you can put it with that price difference.

how many more do you plan on doing?, or is that rather a " how long is a piece of string" question.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

One of the Northern Show postings on here has some pics of some of Lee's Spitfire collection that he had on show. It's incredible  :blink: 2015's I think
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 17, 2016, 05:25:53 AM

how many more do you plan on doing?, or is that rather a " how long is a piece of string" question.

I suppose Wook's answer will be  something like "as many as necessary".  I've seen examples of his magnum opus, and I will admit to being profoundly impressed

As to the piece of string question, the answer is either two inches too short  or 17 feet too long, when you've mislaid the scissors.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

It'll carry on until I run out of ideas or through sheer boredom.  However, it's in it's seventh year with no sign of abating yet.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Glad to see things don't change mate  ;D

Best of luck with 5 to go  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Glad the motivation's back Lee. Also like the idea of a PRXI in PR19 scheme  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

That's at the priming stage.  I've another two airframes to get to that stage before I start spraying, probably tomorrow or thursday.  Several are in fairly simple one colour schemes, but surprisingly for me, no overall NMF.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Lee. With ref to the AZ Attacker, one fuselage half is a little deeper than t'other. I aligned mine up along the upper surface and simply sanded the bottom, the plastic is well thick enough to allow it. Easiest way for me.