The Wooksta! - The Plan: Comments thread

Started by The Wooksta!, March 09, 2012, 03:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

From the original thread

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 08, 2012, 08:13:31 AM
I don't - and won't - use external photo hosting, for various reasons I cannot be bothered to go into.

There are plenty of others on the site who don't post pics either.  Don't see them getting the same level of flak.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

You deserve a medal for staying on top of The Plan, Lee!

Some great sounding stuff going on in it, not a dig but it would be nice to some more shots of the collection in due course - especially (and this may sound heretical) - the RAF Attackers.

Keep it up!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Lee you talk of using solid canopies on your Attackers in your Spitfire Blog. Are they clear resin ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

No, normal.  I've tried clear resin and apart from the stench, I got lots of air bubbles.  They're just solid and I'll paint them black.  Like TsrJoe or The Darkmaster do with theirs.

Just wish I knew where the original canopy is that I used to make the mould.  Need it to finish the FR one.  I may have to build one of the AZ ones.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Was it one of the original Frog ones Lee, or from somewhere else? I have at least one of the originals knocking about somewhere.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

No, the Falcon vacform.  The Frog canopy is MASSIVE.  Although it can be sanded down to shape, according to a mate.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 22, 2012, 03:21:46 PM
No, the Falcon vacform.  The Frog canopy is MASSIVE.  Although it can be sanded down to shape, according to a mate.

I agree 100%, which is why I asked. I may have the Falcon set with it included but till I'm out of hospital I can't say that for sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Just you worry about getting better. You've done enough for The Plan anyway.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 22, 2012, 09:00:46 AM
No, normal.  I've tried clear resin and apart from the stench, I got lots of air bubbles.  They're just solid and I'll paint them black.  Like TsrJoe or The Darkmaster do with theirs.

Cheers mate. I may have a CMR one in the canopy box. I'll have a look
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The Falcon ones is geared to go with the Frog/Novo kit, giving the coaming around the front of the canopy.  Don't think that the CMR one has that but you've given me an idea about filling the gap. 

I've a CMR kit anyway, plus an Aeroclub Attacker canopy somewhere, so I think I've a few options.

Did the clean up on some of the Attackers yesterday so I think they'll get primed at the weekend if the rain holds off.  Ideally, I'd like the MSG/PRU Blue one sprayed next week.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Well right until now I'd kind of made a promise to myself that there would be no kit buying at Telford but i am tempted by a couple of NOVO Attackers from Collectakit as, if you're right, they're only £3 each.

Will any of The Plan 'offspring' be making there way to SMW, Lee?
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

McColm

Have you ever thought of adding a second wing above the fuselage, something similar to a Bi-plane?

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on September 30, 2012, 04:52:04 AM
Will any of The Plan 'offspring' be making there way to SMW, Lee?

On the IPMS Tyneside stand, although one or two may well migrate over to the SIG stand.  I think Colin may want one or two that use Freightdog bits.
Quote from: McColm on September 30, 2012, 08:40:19 AM
Have you ever thought of adding a second wing above the fuselage, something similar to a Bi-plane?

No.  Adding a second wing to such a high performance aircraft is simply silly.  My whifs have to be believable, or at the very least have a toenail in reality.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 01, 2012, 04:35:52 AM
Quote from: McColm on September 30, 2012, 08:40:19 AM

No.  Adding a second wing to such a high performance aircraft is simply silly.  My whifs have to be believable, or at the very least have a toenail in reality.

Hillson FH.40 Slip-Wing Hurricane?

The Wooksta!

By the time that happened, the Hurricane was obsolete.  

It's not something I want to do, although if others find it feasible and want to do it, by all means.  I don't have a monopoly on what if Spitfires.

Quote from: kitbasher on September 30, 2012, 04:52:04 AM
Well right until now I'd kind of made a promise to myself that there would be no kit buying at Telford but i am tempted by a couple of NOVO Attackers from Collectakit as, if you're right, they're only £3 each.

That's if they've any left after I've strip mined them on the Friday!   Although we could come to some arrangement later...  All of which assumes they have any to start with, I'm just going off last year.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: