The Wooksta! - The Plan: Comments thread

Started by The Wooksta!, March 09, 2012, 03:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

There are ways round it without resorting to sanding.  I don't want to do that unless I have to due to all the nice detail that I'd lose.

Bearing in mind the kit's... erm, similarity, shall we say? - to the CMR Attacker, I'm just curious to see if that has the same issue?  I've got one somewhere...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

I struggled with the CMR Attacker, and yes it is very "similar"  :angel: Never really finished it, one of the few CMR kits I've developed a passionate dislike for  :banghead:

I found the AZ one easier, perhaps because it's injection, but still needed to work at it, although I've enjoyed it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I'll take the CMR kit off your hands if you wish to dispose of it?  :thumbsup:
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 20, 2018, 03:56:55 PM
I'll take the CMR kit off your hands if you wish to dispose of it?  :thumbsup:

I have absolutely no idea where it is Lee. Got as far as paint and then developed a grudge against it  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

You probably already know all about this one, Lee,  and may even have it in your fleet of Spitfires, but I have just found a picture in the book  "RAF Squadrons" and found it fascinating.  It shows a Spitfire IV of 680 squadron operating on photo reconnaissance missions over the Aegean from Egypt.  The aircraft looks scruffy and covered in blotches, but it had in fact been treated with filler and rubbed down (1:1 scale PSR) to give as smooth a finish as possible and thus maximum performance.   The photo is noted as being from the collection of Chaz Bowyer.

Possibly another scheme by which we can indulge in the ancient pastime of Numpty-Boggling.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Steel Penguin

stay on target Lee  finish what you can, it gives the possibility of new starts later, with no pressure from backlogs.
and I think it may be a bit too early for me as I read the  Egyptian mk 18.    as an ekranoplan Mk18, which made me stop, and slowly re-read the sentence  :o
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2018, 04:31:58 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 14, 2018, 01:21:36 AM

as an ekranoplan Mk18,

Boggle factor on 11!  :o

Much boggling here, too.   I'd be fascinated to see Ekranoplans Mks 1 to 17 inclusive, too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Re your most recent post, all I can say is "the best laid plans"  :banghead:  You just have to see my travails with my current RAF 100 builds  :banghead:

I admire you for actually committing one to paper mate, whenever I do that it just gets so unwieldy that I just tend to scrap it and start again.

Looking forward to seeing the Spitefull's  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Glad your'e making progress Lee  :thumbsup:

Re running out of Xtracrylic. If I found myself in that position it would be a 2 and a half hour trip each way to Hannants at Colindale, when its open, or the good old Post Office, if they decide they'll carry it  :banghead: That's why I tend to stock up at Southern

NARSES2

Lee

Reading your Blog it's obvious, I think, that you work on batches, so you do a load of spraying, then do a load of decaling etc ?

One question, if you please. Just how many models, roughly, do you have in the primed state awaiting spraying etc ? I'm intrigued.

See you in less than two weeks now.

Chris

The Wooksta!

The quick answer is that I don't know.  But at a rough guess I'd say there's about twenty primed in the "Cabinet of Doom" and many of those I just can't remember what I'd planned doing with them.  And that doesn't include the painted and then painted and decalled aircraft that have been left to fester for some time.  I really should make a concerted effort to get some of these done and dusted.

I've always been happier working in batches - it's certainly more efficient when spraying.  It can be slower but it's quite spectacular when you do finish stuff.

TBH, I just like building stuff.  Everything else is largely secondary.  I'd be quite happy to build something (that I like, obviously) and get it to the primed stage, for someone else just yo do the painting, decalling, etc.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 27, 2018, 07:20:19 AM
...I really should make a concerted effort to get some of these done and dusted...

Might be better to dust them and then get them done...
:unsure:
Sorry.  I'll get me coat.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Ah right, cheers Lee.

I must admit I can see the benefits of working in batches when using an airbrush. Using a brush I find that 2 at a time, 3 at a pinch, is comfortable for me.

NARSES2

Glad to see the Mojo has made a return Lee  :thumbsup:. Sorry to hear about the stress at work, suffered from work related stress myself back in the day and it can be a pain. Look after yourself mate

Chris