The Wooksta! - The Plan: Comments thread

Started by The Wooksta!, March 09, 2012, 03:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

What adhesive do you use for attaching vacform canopies please Lee?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Something I got from Paul Morris a few years back. Glue 'n' Glaze by Deluxe Materials.  It's basically Krystal Kleer but you get twice the amount for the same money.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 18, 2019, 03:40:19 AM

Something4 I got from Paul Morris a few years back. Glue 'n' Glaze by Deluxe Materials.  It's basically Krystal Kleer but you get twice the amount for the same money.

Magic, thanks.  :thumbsup:

I've heard of that but never tried it. My Kristal Klear seems to have lost all its stickiness, and ordinary PVA is almost impossible to clean up, so I'm well up for trying something else.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

One question Lee. Do you actually enjoy this annual ritual of trying to get it all sorted ?

I had a look for some contra-props for you, could of sworn I had some Aeroclub ones, but haven't. Very odd, maybe I let you have them before ? Anyway, safe trip down and I'll see you at the weekend.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Frankly, no, I don't and I'm getting increasingly sick of it.  Only 2012 was more planned and organised, but then I had a 9-5 office job and regular days off.

Actually, I gave up this afternoon.  Just lost whatever enthusiasm I had.  I may change my mind later and get several mk 21s finished, but don't hold your breath.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 06, 2019, 05:42:50 AM
...I had a look for some contra-props for you, could of sworn I had some Aeroclub ones, but haven't. Very odd, maybe I let you have them before ? Anyway, safe trip down and I'll see you at the weekend.

Chris

I have a feeling you may have sent them to me a few years ago.  I put two sets of white metal contra props on the turboprop Il 28 I built (and I have a nagging memory of them being from a Spit) and a very generous person from over there sent them to me.

I can check back through my pm's if you like...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 06, 2019, 05:42:50 AM

I had a look for some contra-props for you, could of sworn I had some Aeroclub ones, but haven't. Very odd, maybe I let you have them before ? Anyway, safe trip down and I'll see you at the weekend.

You donated a set of contras to me too Chris, but I'm darned if I can remember which model I used it on. It was very welcome nonetheless.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 07, 2019, 03:36:38 AM

No don't worry mate, as long as I know I'm not going completely barmy  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2019, 06:09:19 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 07, 2019, 03:36:38 AM

No don't worry mate, as long as I know I'm not going completely barmy  ;D

No, only partially...
;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

NARSES2

Interesting collection of Spitfire bits and bobs you got Lee.

It must have been fun going through what would appear to be a bit of an Aladin's cave of a box ?

The Wooksta!

It is but it's also frustrating when you see what has been cannibalized for no good reason.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

The Wooksta!

Although it does leave me with LOTS of handy spares!  For example, there's several Hasegawa VIII canopies that I know are drop in replacements for the canopy on the Airfix PRXIX fuselage, very handy for F21 conversions.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

I noticed that Ventura kit prices seem to be slyrocketing in recent months too. Are they still making them or is it that they're OOP now?

Regards
Kit