Industria Mechanika - Michael Herm's Bishop sci-fi drop-ship

Started by Weaver, March 12, 2012, 05:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Lovely retro anti-grav "tramp steamer", with limited-edition multi-media kits for sale:

http://industriamechanika.com/blog/shop-industria-mechanika/ian-mcques-remora-preorder/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Just been reminded of this company by a post on BTS, so I thought I'd make it a generic manufacturer thread now.

The Remora is still available (4th edition now), as are other Ian McQue designs, including flying buoys, deck crew, and a newly-released smaller flying craft.

They also do lots of other kits of fantasy/concept art (the kind of thing you see on Deviantart). They're all pretty expensive, as you'd expect for limited edition resin, but by all accounts they are beautiful, high-quality kits. Here are just a few examples:

(Note that Sasha is available in 1/35th, 1/32nd and 1/24th so she'd go with just about any armour or car kit)

Loads more here: http://industriamechanika.com/shop/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Father Ennis

There's a website that they do too. It's much like this one or BTS. There is some stuff on there that is truely unbelieviable !!!!!!  There are also some builds of the products, too. I highly recommend it.  There is a long build of an airship that is fantastic !!!   I recommend.you all check it out. I'm sorry but I can't post a link but I don't know.how. 

Weaver

If you mean their forum, then it's linked from the main webpage: http://industriamechanika.com/forum/

- Indiana Jones

kerick

I highly recommend this. Fitchenfoo colaborating with top notch artists to produce this awesome kits.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

pyro-manic

They do some very nice stuff (though very expensive).
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Old Wombat

"Sasha", in 1/20th, would go brilliantly in Ma.K-World! :wub:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

MichelC

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 24, 2013, 07:29:53 PM

Guy
I second that. Why not offer one more scale, 1/20?

M

Weaver

Quote from: MichelC on June 25, 2013, 12:37:23 AM

Guy

M

There's a discussion about that very thing on the IM forum. IIRC, Fich thought the 1/20th market was too small to risk it. You could always go aover there and try to change his mind though!

- Indiana Jones

MichelC

Quote from: Weaver on June 25, 2013, 04:13:02 AM
Quote from: MichelC on June 25, 2013, 12:37:23 AM

Guy

M

There's a discussion about that very thing on the IM forum. IIRC, Fich thought the 1/20th market was too small to risk it. You could always go aover there and try to change his mind though!

What, register on one more forum?  Might do just that. Got some serious projects in my head re the MaK universe and that welder next to the Falke would be just... :wub:

M

kerick

Wouldn't 1/24th scale figure in a 1/20th scale set up come out just a little on the short side? She's a girl, girls are usually shorter than guys, should work out fine. Makes a better point if the little short girl is out doing the guys.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Quote from: kerick on June 25, 2013, 06:57:57 PM
Wouldn't 1/24th scale figure in a 1/20th scale set up come out just a little on the short side? She's a girl, girls are usually shorter than guys, should work out fine. Makes a better point if the little short girl is out doing the guys.

But presumably she's already scaled as shorter than a 1/24th scale guy....

Actually, there seems to be some debate on the IM forum about the scaling of this figure anyway.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

MichelC

Ain't that cool? Got the Hornethopter box waiting for just a moment of inattention on my part to hop from its place in the closet onto my workbench.  ;D

M

Weaver

- Indiana Jones