Gloster Black Arrow NF1

Started by Vulcan7, March 19, 2012, 05:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

Gloster Black Arrow NF1

turned out a bit less of a looker than intended  :rolleyes: ;D (may try a single seater without the nose  :thumbsup:)

donor kit: Matchbox Meteor NF + 2 Large Airfix stands

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

deathjester

Wow, now that is awesome!  I see you have revived the long lost art of turning those lovely Airfix stands into something gloriusly hi-tech... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Vulcan7

:cheers: cheers dj, did this rough 'n' ready one back in 07, it'd be great to see other peeps stand conversions  ;D

Airfix clear stands, Spit wing-tips etc
:lol:

kerick

Best use of an old stand I've ever seen!  Looks much better in black, more menacing.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

Very nice!  First pic it is obviously an airfix stand....once it's painted black it's obviously a very clever fuel tank layout!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Cobra

Super Sweet :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: looks like something from Thunderbirds!  Keep up the Awesome work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

kitbasher

Brilliantly mental!

Now how's about a 'stealth' (F-117ish) version based on an old FROG stand?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

marco

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

sequoiaranger

I, too, had looked at the possibility of making SOMETHING from the stands that USED to come with model kits. Kudos to you for actually doing something!

I have stands from Lindberg, Airfix, FROG, etc. Hmmmmm---maybe a new "genre" of whif is in the making!!

Maybe the "pointier" ends of the stands could be made into the jet outlets (with scoops in the front like your first, black one) and dispense with the wing jets. 
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Vulcan7

:cheers: many thanks people

Quote from: sequoiaranger on March 20, 2012, 08:58:27 AM
Maybe the "pointier" ends of the stands could be made into the jet outlets (with scoops in the front like your first, black one) and dispense with the wing jets. 

sounds good, go for it  :thumbsup:

was going to do a Frog one but I can't find the box I put the parts in  :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I built an uncertain scale 'SST' out of one of those pointy Frog stands once. It had a 1/44 scale fighter canopy perched over the narrow end and Airfix 737 engines clamped underneath.

It looked TERRIBLE........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit