Gondor's Ramblings

Started by Gondor, March 21, 2012, 03:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

What a cool airplane!!  Good call on it and the job situation. I gave up wasting my time on employers and started my own business. It's not exactly off the ground entirely but next year is looking good and I think it was the right decision. I tired of the constant cyclical nature of going through all the turmoil to get hired only to be fired again because they decided the contract was no longer worth it or if my knee acted up and I missed a day and got fired... then the huge battle with unemployment, etc. This type of stuff will put one in an early grave. Huge levels of stress, anger, let down, depression...   NO MORE.

Back to the airplane...   what a sweet looking bird! I love anything with T-tail and this is just plain old cool. Looks like a nice kit. New tool perhaps? I just did the Airfix new tool Vampire T.11 and I was really pleased with how well it went together. I hope to see more pictures soon.  :)
-Sprues McDuck-

Gondor

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 30, 2016, 12:11:40 PM
What a cool airplane!!  Good call on it and the job situation. I gave up wasting my time on employers and started my own business. It's not exactly off the ground entirely but next year is looking good and I think it was the right decision. I tired of the constant cyclical nature of going through all the turmoil to get hired only to be fired again because they decided the contract was no longer worth it or if my knee acted up and I missed a day and got fired... then the huge battle with unemployment, etc. This type of stuff will put one in an early grave. Huge levels of stress, anger, let down, depression...   NO MORE.

Thanks. Handed back my tools and other bits and pieces to my former employer today after I had been for a job interview. Just need to know if I start on Monday as the manager wanted me to start tomorrow but he had to go through his boss first.

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 30, 2016, 12:11:40 PM
Back to the airplane...   what a sweet looking bird! I love anything with T-tail and this is just plain old cool. Looks like a nice kit. New tool perhaps? I just did the Airfix new tool Vampire T.11 and I was really pleased with how well it went together. I hope to see more pictures soon.  :)

Yes its the Airfix New Tool released a short while ago. The only other kits I know of are by Lindberg and the Matchbox kit with its deep trenches. Don't hold your breath on any build pictures. This one is going into the deep stash, at least for now.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TheChronicOne

Ohh ok! Well, thanks for taking the time to show us the sprues and stuff.  :D 

Cheers on the new job start; that has to be a load off not having to worry about some drawn out job search and good riddance to the stressful stuff.
-Sprues McDuck-

Gondor

Not heard anything from that company yet, going to phone them tomorrow afternoon if I have not heard anything by then.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Have a look at my Blog for the result of my latest job interview  :thumbsup:

Back to models in this thread.

I just had to open up the plastic bags inside the Victor box today and look at all that lovely plastic. To my eye it's the best kit that Airfix have ever produced and if the Phantom is as good as this kit then it will most certainly be worth the expense.

The breakdown of the Victor is very interesting and certainly shows the possibilities of other variants being produced such as the K2.

Now that brings up the thought of what to do with those Matchbox K2's that we all have laying around. How about a Victor Phase 3 or Phase 6 anyone? Or for that matter the more radical redesign, the phase 4!  :o

Gondor

Gondor

Shackleton's and the like!

I gave into temptation a short while ago. Having read that Thorvic had received a Shackleton T4 conversion set and that Lee was waiting on the arrival of a set as well, I decided to have a look and ended up buying a set for myself.
I already have several Shackleton kits, one Revell AEW Mk2 kit to be OOB, and two Airfix Mk2 kits, which I intend to build one with and the other without the mid upper turret and probably in different markings but otherwise OOB. I also have several of the much older Mk3 kit, but more about them later.
So what do I do without buying another Airfix or Revell Shackleton? Simple, I use the Aeroclub conversion set I have had in my stash for ages and was made redundant for a Mk2 conversion with my purchasing of the Airfix and Revell kits.  :thumbsup:

Fuc*&ng Torrets...... err Turrets
Turrets are going be a problem all round. If I use the Shackleton T4 conversion set to make a Mk1 Shackleton with a Mid upper (Bristol B17) and tail turret (Boulton Paul 'D'). I can use the mid upper from an old 'C'Scale Lincoln conversion set, the spare Airfix mid upper turret will be used with my Blackbirds Lincoln conversion set, but the tail turret in the 'C'Scale conversion set is the only BP 'D' turret that I have and that's going to be used with my Blackbird Lincoln conversion set and as far as I know there are none available anywhere else. Someone will say use the FN tail turret, no one will notice. The thing is they look similar, not the same but similar and the difference will show! So some one please someone prove me wrong about available BP 'D' turret's!
This still leaves me with the problem of what to do with the Mk3 Shackleton kits that I have. Well I do have a couple of ideas. I can turn one into a bomber development of the Lancaster. As it would most likely be a tail dragger I would have to scratch the undercarriage into an early Shackleton undercarriage using the other kits as a guide or to use a Lancaster set OOB. Armament could consist of a mid upper turret and tail turret, as per the Shackleton and possibly do something different with the nose, or maybe not as that could be a lot of work. As a Lancaster development I could use an FN 120 or FN 121 tail turret so I could pinch bits from one of the new Airfix Lancaster's instead and would save a lot of hassle at least for the tail turret.
On top of all of that I am hoping that either Airfix or Revell come out with a new version of the Shackleton Mk3 so I can use the Mk3 Phase3 conversion set I have on something decent rather than the old Mk3 kit that has been around for decades.
As usual, so many ideas and so many kits to build  :banghead:

Gondor