The Olympics

Started by Radish, March 24, 2012, 04:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Some of us have discussed the Royal Navy Submarine Formation Team....obviously decorated in the Steller McCartney colours/idea.

Today I bought 2 Schleich crocodiles (about 6 inches long) and as they're in crawling mode, I thought a team, with Olympic coloured vest, could be the Great Britain.....I HATE the label Team GB!!!!....Crocodile Formation Crawling Team?

Any other ideas? :lol:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitbasher

This isn't a spoiler for the new series of the hilarious 'Twenty Twelve' which returns to BBC2 next week, is it?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Radish

No....but it could be an amusing modelling idea.....

"Behead a chav with a Discus"
"Spear a Chav with a Javelin"
The Archery competition could be enlivened with live targets....Chavs once more. The resultant bodies could be recycled for the pigs....we need lots of bacon and pork sausages after all. Sandwiches, you see.
How about a few sea snakes, crocs, etc.,m in the swimming pool or diving pool?
How about crocodile wrestling?

Tennis would be improved (as would any ball game) if the ball randomly exploded on occasion.
Lion pits  in the track races? Or just spiked pits?

How about the last one in each competion is impaled before each awards ceremony?

PR19_Kit

Such a niced gentle person, our Radish..........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

albeback

Quote from: Radish on March 24, 2012, 05:01:42 AM
No....but it could be an amusing modelling idea.....

"Behead a chav with a Discus"
"Spear a Chav with a Javelin"
The Archery competition could be enlivened with live targets....Chavs once more. The resultant bodies could be recycled for the pigs....we need lots of bacon and pork sausages after all. Sandwiches, you see.
How about a few sea snakes, crocs, etc.,m in the swimming pool or diving pool?
How about crocodile wrestling?

Tennis would be improved (as would any ball game) if the ball randomly exploded on occasion.
Lion pits  in the track races? Or just spiked pits?

How about the last one in each competion is impaled before each awards ceremony?

:bow: :bow: ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:
Contact mines in the rowing events? Anti personnel mines in the sprint events - timed to go off after a set delay depending on the event - e g 11 seconds for the 100 meters?  Replace hammer throwing with chav tossing? Be immeasurably more entertaining than bog standard athletics which, I find only marginally less sleep inducing than football!! May I suggest an even more entertaining sport? How about launching chavs, hooligans & politicians  from a  :tornado: at 500 knots at 150 ft  - the aim being to get them to fly through a 10 meter hoop! :wacko: :wacko:. The ancient Romans knew how to put on a sporting spectacular!! Ever seen "Gladiator" or, even better, "Spartacus, Blood and Sand"?
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Radish

That's the spirit!!

Wrestle the Anaconda underwater, toss a politician through a flaming hoop...etc.. :drink:

Let's not forget the more passive sports such as vomitting. The Great British Team from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne would sweep all before it on a torrent of diced carrot.....the Ladies Team from Essex would be invincible too.

Geoff

Trip wires and Claymores instead of hurdles and make em do it in the dark!

RussC

There should surely be a flatulence contest, both for audio volume and with ignition source.

I'll also send a big bucket of my best Aridzona Scorpions for placement inside the track teams' shorts, and large quantities of Cholla cactus for planting along the track and field venues.

Yes, a trebuchet contest as part of the triathlon, as a 4th leg- riding inside a thrown keg.

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Radish

Spot on....Narses would "blow" the opposition away :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thinking of modelling potential.....

The Formation Submarine Team is easy.
Same for the Crocodile Formation Crawling Team.....

:drink: :party:

Weaver

Wern't Airfix talking about doing a model the stadium? If so, that could have potential:

1. Derelict and abandoned with hopeless "for sale" signs on it, for the 10th anniversary.... :wacko:

2. Being menaced by some cuthuloid horror coming up from out of the ground,

3. Being zapped to bits by aliens.

(Anyone would think I didn't like the Olympics.... they'd be right too..... :angry:)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

I suppose we could always put sychthes on the wkies for the cycling events in a purely gladiator style.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

RussC

Quote from: Weaver on March 24, 2012, 02:43:39 PM
Wern't Airfix talking about doing a model the stadium? If so, that could have potential:

1. Derelict and abandoned with hopeless "for sale" signs on it, for the 10th anniversary.... :wacko:

2. Being menaced by some cuthuloid horror coming up from out of the ground,

3. Being zapped to bits by aliens.

(Anyone would think I didn't like the Olympics.... they'd be right too..... :angry:)

Well , here on this side of the pond, we team up the Olympics with the 2 political conventions of the "parties", and beginning the run-up (down) to the election. Its a Root-Canal and a half.....
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Radish

I think the 100 metres, or 400 metres, steeplechase, etc., would be good if :

Run backwards
or
at the starting pistol, consume a curry of your choice and 6 pints of lager
or
at the starting pistol, the tigers are set free.....

tigercat

Today in the 200m are you faster than a Tiger Competition

Seamus Blanc the famous drunk was legless
It cost  the ever competitive Diane Sparrow an arm and a leg
Whilst George Atwell won by a nose
Last place David O'Leary went to pieces

The tiger is being treated for indigestion.

albeback

Quote from: Radish on March 24, 2012, 07:28:27 AM
That's the spirit!!

Wrestle the Anaconda underwater, toss a politician through a flaming hoop...etc.. :drink:

Let's not forget the more passive sports such as vomitting. The Great British Team from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne would sweep all before it on a torrent of diced carrot.....the Ladies Team from Essex would be invincible too.

;D :cheers: We are of like mind!!

Lol!! My own reaction to these wretched games is one of total indifference - especially as it's such a London centric event! Anything to liven it up! How about " Climbing for £s/Euros/$ ( ever seen "The Running Man"? Even better - fit them with explosive collars with time fuses!! i e if they DON'T pass the finish line within a pre-set time - BOOM!!! :wacko: :wacko:.  Chase the Chav with scythed chariots? :wacko:
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!