American Three Wheelers

Started by puddingwrestler, March 24, 2012, 10:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 28, 2012, 09:35:19 AM
But with motor vehicles the CG is usually lower unless the vehicle is fully laden, a relatively rare condition.
I don't see how you can a get a vehicle's CG much lower than on a 'bent trike.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: perttime on March 28, 2012, 10:10:26 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 28, 2012, 09:35:19 AM
But with motor vehicles the CG is usually lower unless the vehicle is fully laden, a relatively rare condition.
I don't see how you can a get a vehicle's CG much lower than on a 'bent trike.

Because the real CG on a pedal trike depends on the rider being in place too.............

I've ridden a few of the Hase trikes and they are pretty stable but you can lift the front wheel if you really go for it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

puddingwrestler

Bonnet plasticard attached. Dash and wheels painted. Interior finished. Thinking about adding false fender shapes and removable spats for nose-wheel access.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Devilfish

There was an American 3 wheeler that came out around 1948 (funnily enough, at the same time as the Tucker Torpedo).  They only made a few (less than 10 iirc) before the owners of the company were indited for fraud and embezzling.....Hmmm, similar story to Tucker...

This car was meant to cost under $1000 so it would have been the cheapest car on the market at the time!

Weaver

Great project PW!  :thumbsup:

Re Clarkson: great! Now we can sell all the three-wheeler clubs the "Clarkson must die by cheesewire" t-shirts that the bikers have had for years.... ;) ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Doc Yo

Its a marvelous concept, PW-I look forward to seeing the finished product.

wagnersm

Cushman made a series of USA Three Wheelers.  I remember them as being used for mail delivery back in the 1960's.

Steve

Cobra

there's an American company called Wildfire Motors that Make Three Wheelers as well as Other vehicles! try www.wildfire-motors.com! hope i got the address right,if not, try using google. Dan