Lockheed-Mitsubishi F-16J-2A 3rd SQ, 3rd AW, JASDF TAC MEET Misawa AB 2010

Started by Gondor, March 25, 2012, 08:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Lockheed-Mitsubishi F-16J-2A 3rd SQ, 3rd AW, JASDF TAC MEET Misawa AB 2010

Born out of the failure of the Japanese FX design, the prototype -1 series of the aircraft took the basic F-16 airframe and installed the cockpit and surrounding area with the design from the failed FX program. Various other systems of Japanese origin were also added from the FX program, mainly electronics and defensive aid systems which lead to the production F-16J-2.

The aircraft is Hasegawa components as are the majority of the decals with the TAC Meeting decals from DXM and paint from various sources though matching the colour call outs from the kits and decal sheet.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Vostoc7 on March 25, 2012, 08:22:29 AM
Very cool build, great manga tail  :ph34r: :tornado: :thumbsup:

The marking on the tail fin are real marking applied to a Mitsubishi F2 as listed in the title. I bought the decals from Lucky Models in Korea which are made by a company in Taiwan. I intend to use other decals from the set for real world build of the F2 in both single and two seat versions.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

ChernayaAkula

Very nice!  :thumbsup:

You could fool a lot of people with that!  :thumbsup: :wacko:

Of course, now you have to build an F-2A with a Viper canopy in USAF colours!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Gondor

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 25, 2012, 10:25:33 AM
Very nice!  :thumbsup:

You could fool a lot of people with that!  :thumbsup: :wacko:

Of course, now you have to build an F-2A with a Viper canopy in USAF colours!  :wacko:

That's a nice idea although I will need to get hold of another F2 kit. Decals and weaponry would be from the F-16CJ that I used as a basis for this model. I have started an F-2I of the Israeli Air Force based on the F-2B and using an Isracast F-16I conversion set no longer needed due to Kinetic having released their F-16I.

Gondor

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Gondor on March 25, 2012, 01:39:52 PM
<...> I have started an F-2I of the Israeli Air Force based on the F-2B and using an Isracast F-16I conversion set no longer needed due to Kinetic having released their F-16I.

Looking forward to that!  :thumbsup:
I'm planning something similar, using CMK bits no longer needed due to the Hasegawa and Kinetic Sufas, but painted in JASDF colours as an F-2B Kai. 
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Gondor

Oops I realised that I got the Japanese manufacturer wrong its Mitsubishi not what I had put originally  :banghead: :banghead:

Gondor